Review of A Fathers Cry for Justice

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nemanja Jankovic
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 580
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: A Fathers Cry for Justice by Donnita Carol Weddle

Review of A Fathers Cry for Justice

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Fathers Cry for Justice" by Donnita Carol Weddle.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Donnita Carol Weddle's book, A Father's Cry for Justice: The Ken Arrasmith Story, is a fascinating and inspiring true story. Ken Arrasmith was an exemplary citizen, a dedicated worker, and a family man. Everything will change when he discovers that his underage daughter Jane has fallen victim to sexual predators. To make matters worse, her rapists, the Bingham couple, had a history of committing similar crimes and were known as drug dealers prone to violent behavior.

Former Deputy Sheriff Ken Arrasmith will notify law enforcement hoping that they will act against Ron and Louella Bingham. Even though there was adequate evidence of their many crimes, the sheriffs refused to do so, claiming insufficient evidence. This is why Ken Arrasmith will go to the Binghams to obtain additional evidence, despite Ron Bingham's bounty on his life. In the events that follow, there will be a shooting in which two individuals will be killed.

There was a lot that I enjoyed about the book. First and foremost, the book was written by the author, who is also Ken Arrasmith's wife, providing readers with a more in-depth understanding of Ken Arrasmith's interesting personality. At the same time, the author maintained objectivity, allowing readers to independently examine the facts and come to conclusions. Although the book's theme required a description of the rapes committed by Ron and Louella Bingham, it was kept to a minimum. The same can be said for profanities. The book contains numerous descriptions and excerpts from the subsequent trial. The book is illustrated with photos of Ken Arrasmith and his family. I appreciate how the importance of work ethics in Ken Arrasmith's life, instilled in him by his family, is emphasized multiple times throughout the book. The book generally follows a chronological structure and is unpredictable until the end. I enjoy that the book is fact-based and criticizes the inadequate law enforcement and judicial systems. The book left a great impression on me.

The only thing I disliked about the book was the somewhat higher number of typos.

It was challenging to decide how to rate this one-of-a-kind book about a sensitive subject. An engaging true story, a comprehensive approach to events, and an abundance of facts outweigh typos that had no substantial impact on the book's quality. This is precisely why I believe it is appropriate to rate the book 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend the book to readers who enjoy biographies, memoirs, and inspiring true stories. Due to the nature of the crimes and their details, I recommend the book exclusively to an adult readership.

A Fathers Cry for Justice
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’s easy for me to understand Mr. Arrasmith’s search for justice. I can see the importance of his confronting the Binghams even though they were out to get him. I think that this world would be a better place if more parents were invested in their children this way. Thanks!
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 50%

Post by NetMassimo »

This story digs into some very dark aspects of humanity, as it concerns sexual predators and the reactions of a father to their heinous actions. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Sandre Lamar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandre-lamar.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Sandre Lamar »

The book completely captivated me from start to finish!

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”