Review of Island Girl

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Pittwater by Kevin E M clark

Review of Island Girl

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Island Girl" by Charles R Hinckley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Garrett is a loner who lives on an island after losing his wife and daughter to a plane crash. He deserted himself from people and wanted to be alone in his misery, but this didn't last long as Jessica, who goes by a different name, crashed into his life. Despite his initial reluctance, Garrett finds himself drawn to her, reminiscent of the companionship he once cherished. Yet Jessica harbors dark secrets, bringing turmoil and danger to Garrett's tranquil existence. Dive into this captivating narrative to uncover the unfolding drama.

"Island Girl" by Charles R. Hinckley is a concise read that captivates readers in a single sitting. Through the story's protagonist, Garrett, the book explores the profound impact of loss, delving into themes of loneliness, sorrow, and despair. Following the tragic death of his family, Garrett spirals into a self-destructive pattern of alcoholism, driven by a sense of hopelessness. Similarly, the narrative sheds light on Jessica's plight, illustrating how past trauma can influence one's choices and lead to devastating consequences. Prepare to embark on an emotional journey as "Island Girl" delivers a poignant narrative that resonates long after the final page is turned.

The author's skillful writing style seamlessly connects readers with the emotions and experiences of the characters. The character development, particularly of Bill, Jack, Garrett, and Jessica, was particularly captivating. However, what truly resonated with me was Jessica's final resolution, which not only endeared her to me but also provided deeper insight into her character.

The book unfolds at a measured pace, interrupted by intense attack scenes that inject urgency into the narrative. Upon reaching the final page, readers are left with plenty to reflect upon. With its impeccable editing and clear, easily understandable language, I have no reservations about awarding it five out of five stars. This book is a must-read for fans of the crime and mystery genres, offering a captivating and well-crafted storytelling experience.

Island Girl
View: on Bookshelves
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

The idea of a survival story set on an island, mixed with mystery, crime, and thriller elements, really grabs my attention. Your review has just made me even more eager to get my hands on this book. Thanks for sharing your thoughts—it's a fantastic review!
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

A mystery with an unusual setting centered around a man who distanced himself from humanity due to his grief and sees his life as a hermit turned upside down. Some profound themes are developed in this novel as part of an engaging story. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Trouble Ain't Nothin' But a Word
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

The exploration of grief and trauma seems like a powerful theme in ‘Island Girl. It’s intriguing how the protagonist’s isolation is disrupted by the arrival of Jessica and the ensuing turmoil. I’m curious about the intense attack scenes mentioned—sounds like they add an unexpected twist to the narrative. Nice work.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”