Review of Breaking Point

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nenye Lauraa
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nenye-lauraa.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Review of Breaking Point

Post by Nenye Lauraa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Breaking Point" by Kevin Glenn.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Breaking Point by Kevin Glenn is a fiction book that gives us a glimpse at what goes on behind the scenes in the radical groups that plague America. We see that there are people who control it and allow it to happen for their own selfish benefits, and people who fight tirelessly to stop it. The book consists of 27 chapters and an epilogue, all of which continuously show us the resilience of the Resistance team despite the zeal of the GEU (Global Economic Union) cabal to push through with their agenda.

This is the third book in the Dark Agenda series and tells us how First Platoon (Bryson, Amit, Sgt Jill, Kaylee, Private Jack, Private Oars, Private Pearson, Gilchrist, and Travilini) and Honey Badgers (George, Papi, Reverend, Onion, and Bone Char) fought tirelessly together with Colonel Tom Brown, Sergeant Eruziak, and some government officials such as Governor Quincy and Senator Orwin to combat the evil doings of the GEU cabal, and although it seemed like the latter had broken the spirits of the resistance team at the end, we see that there was light at the end of the tunnel as Bryson believed they could win with the information he discovered.

This book was especially unique, and so many aspects endeared it to me. Firstly, I loved the fact that the story happened in scenes. I also liked that there were no chapter headings because it helped brew the suspense. Most importantly, I love that I got to learn more about hidden military operations, especially secret missions, and some acronyms used in the military world. The fact that artificial intelligence was used also made the book a good read because I loved the concept of Aurora, the chatbot, the automated drone, and Sentience, the AI. I also really loved the fact that I got to learn more about liberals and conservatives. The scriptural humor of Reverend was really enjoyable, and lastly, I loved that I kept on discovering new facts about some of the characters.

Although it is obvious that I loved a lot of things about the book, I dislike that there were no page numbers in the book. I only had to rely on my document reader to provide page numbers. However, I am really eager to find out what happens in the next book, as this ended on a suspenseful note.

I would rate the book five out of five stars because, aside from the fact that I loved the concept of the story, it unraveled a lot of information for me. The book was professionally edited. It contains only two errors. I would also recommend it to people who want to learn more about military operations and terrorism in the US.

Breaking Point
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

This is a novel that includes strong political, economic, and social elements that project the current situation in our society. Could militias and terrorist groups overthrow the democratic US government? I'll look into the Dark Agenda series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”