Review of The Fall From Grace

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chris Alex Powell
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-alex-powell.html
Latest Review: The Adventures of Pebbles, Sox, and Carrot: In the Realm of the Twelve Moons by NP Rayner

Review of The Fall From Grace

Post by Chris Alex Powell »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Fall From Grace" by Michael Richardson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Fall from Grace" follows Christian, Sam, and Gabriel. The prologue introduces us to war. Constantine, described as the local druid holy man, and Dafyd, the clan chieftain, led their men to war against the savage hordes they had been trying to ward off since the colony formed. We are introduced to Christian, whom Constantine had taken in after his parents died. The book continues, and Christian is on a mission to eradicate evil and free the world from the grip of evil. Rafeo, Quintus, and Mabus came into the picture. Rafeo introduces his quest to find the Guardian, who had been missing for a very long time. Grab this interesting thriller by Michael Richardson to find out what happens next.

This is the type of book you look forward to reading a sequel to. The author left me on a cliffhanger, seeking answers and more. What happened to Mabus? The storyline was mind-blowing. Right from the prologue, there was a lot of suspense. This element of suspense kept me engaged throughout the book. The revelations were always unexpected. For instance, I never saw the shocking relationship between Quintus and Rafeo coming. The author had me guessing wrongly about who the Guardian was throughout the book. On the structure of the book, I loved that the book is quite legible with bold fonts. I appreciated the author's storytelling, as it kept my interest piqued throughout the book.

On the flip side, this book has a lot of errors. This, in turn, caused quite a lot of breaks in between readings for me. I would suggest the book go through another round of editing to make it error-free. Then I noticed a lot of profanity in the book. Although I did not find this an issue, I believe it may affect some readers. Subjectively, I believe it would have been more enjoyable with fewer profanities or minimal profanities.

I removed a star from my rating due to this editing issue. I would rate the book four out of five. This book can be appreciated by everyone, but people who love supernatural thrillers would enjoy it most. I also recommend it to fans of contemporary fiction.

The Fall From Grace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: Olympus Bound by Zoë Routh

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

This review paints "The Fall from Grace" as an intriguing thriller with a gripping storyline and unexpected twists, leaving readers eager for a sequel. However, the mention of errors and profanity might give some readers pause. Overall, it seems like a compelling read, especially for fans of supernatural thrillers and contemporary fiction.
Jennifer Coxon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your thoughtful review. It sounds like there is a lot going on to keep the reader interested. Good storytelling always helps, although a pet hate of mine is a good story being ruined by errors. I’m sorry this led to you having breaks between reading - not what a reader wants.
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Trouble Ain't Nothin' But a Word
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

The mix of supernatural elements and suspense sounds like a gripping read! I appreciate the honest feedback on the editing and profanity—helpful for potential readers.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

A supernatural thriller that uses some classic elements of good vs. evil to create a suspenseful story can be really interesting, so I hope the author does proper proofreading to avoid distractions while reading it. I'll look into this series. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”