Review of Deadly Hush

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Seven Principles for Making Your Relationships Work by Michael G Semon

Review of Deadly Hush

Post by Florence Daniel »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Deadly Hush" by Douglas Stewart.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Deadly Hush by Douglas Stewart is an action-packed thriller. It is the third book in the Ratso series. In Deadly Hush, DCI Todd 'Ratso' Holtom investigates a series of murders that prove to be the work of a serial killer. The killings begin in Geneva, Switzerland, but in the United Kingdom, the killer leaves behind playing cards on the bodies of each of the victims. Ratso and his team, "Operation Footstool," follow the evidence left behind by the killer in their search to find those responsible for the murders. As the investigation proceeds, they discover that these murders are part of a larger conspiracy, and all is not as it seems to be. Is it just one person killing all these people, or are there other killers? What is the killer's basis for choosing the victims? Get the answers in this book.

In Deadly Hush, the author gives the readers all the ingredients for a good thriller. We have a string of murders that cross international borders, showing that they are the work of a meticulous planner. The readers are exposed to the procedures that the police follow when a crime is committed and how an investigation really works.

My favorite character in the book is the protagonist, Chief Inspector Todd 'Ratso' Holtom. His character portrayed the necessary qualities for a detective to have to truly be successful. He was tenacious, and he followed his gut instinct. But in following his gut instinct, he made sure that the evidence agreed before making any arrests. His tenacity and courage in the face of danger are another point that makes him admirable. 

The story was quite good; there is nothing I dislike about the book. The naming of the chapters by the place where the action is taking place is one positive of the book, and I commend the author for that. I also commend the editor for the wonderful work done on the book because the book is excellently edited.

I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars because of the suspenseful information in it. The play of the story was excellent, and I thoroughly enjoyed the investigation and the journey of finding out the true culprit. I recommend this book to lovers of detective series, police procedures, and investigation novels.

Deadly Hush
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

I appreciate the attention to detail in police procedures and investigative techniques portrayed in the book. Nice review.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

This seems like a well-constructed thriller with an interesting protagonist. I see that the previous books in this series received excellent reviews as well, and that makes me want to look into this series even more. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”