Review of The Foundation for Peace

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Review of The Foundation for Peace

Post by Robert Andrew »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Foundation for Peace" by Patrick J Roelle, Sr. / Mr. Pat.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Violence and insurgencies plagued the African continent, and many families were torn apart. Children are sold into slavery, and many more are left to die of hunger, disease, or brutality. The Foundation for Peace is an organization headed by Sam Ellington to provide aid to the helpless in the war-torn countries of Africa. Sam makes daring trips to Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria, and many other African countries to rescue children from the disaster in those regions and to give them a better life in the Western world. 

On the other hand, George and Kathryn Stanton are the most powerful couple in the world, and they also have organizations dedicated to bringing aid to displaced children in these war-torn countries. Soon enough, Sam, George, and Kathryn became good friends, and together they expanded their dreams of helping as many displaced children as possible. The story takes a different turn when Islamic terrorists from Iran hijack Stanton's luxury yacht, which happens to be the most sophisticated yacht in the world, with technologically advanced military weapons and even a nuclear weapon. Now the American government and the Stantons need to find a way to safeguard the yacht before the terrorists gain complete control of it. To find out what unfolds in this interesting story, grab a copy of The Foundation for Peace by Patrick J. Roelle.

This fast-paced story centers on the reality of life in the war-torn countries of Africa. Even though it's a work of fiction, the story still reminds us of the power struggle between America and some terrorist nations. With many characters introduced in the story progressively, the author was able to create a real world. My favorite character is Nicholas Stanton, George and Kathryn Stanton's adopted son. I liked his ability to always take charge in any situation and bring about a profound solution.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because I gained numerous insights while reading. There is nothing I dislike about the book. The book is professionally edited because I found only a few errors in it.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy fast-paced action stories with a political atmosphere.

The Foundation for Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

I have to say that I'm puzzled about a nuclear weapon being aboard the yacht, otherwise, this seems like an engaging thriller with political ramifications in different continents. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”