Review of Deep Blue Saloon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Deception by Loretta Enright

Review of Deep Blue Saloon

Post by Kendal Low »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Deep Blue Saloon" by Thomas Courtney Click.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

This book begins with the author showing the audience exactly who Branch Kilgore is. He is tainted by an upbringing in the mafia, and our very first introduction to him is evidence of that. However, as the story goes on, the audience is shown that Branch may not be as one-dimensional as it seems. While fighting for his life – literally and figuratively – Branch must decide whether or not it is worth it to face the wrath of the Mexican mafia. Thomas Courtney Click has written a praise-worthy action-packed novel with Deep Blue Saloon.

I found the writing in this book to be incredibly captivating. The author did a fantastic job of jumping back and forth between the past and the present. I believe this gave so much context into who Branch is as a character, and I had no issues differentiating the past and the present. Often when authors write like this, I find that the jump between timelines can feel jarring and difficult to comprehend. However, the easy reading is a true testament to Click’s writing abilities.

During my time reading this book and writing my review, I could think of no negative points to bring up. I enjoyed the complexity of the characters and their purposes, and I loved watching their interactions. To add to my compliments, I found only a single error during my time reading the book, leading me to believe that it was meticulously edited. This is proof of Click’s passion for his writing.

As a result of the points I have highlighted above, I feel completely comfortable rating this book 5 out of 5 stars. I find myself interested in reading anything else that this talented author comes out with.

I would recommend this book to readers who are typically drawn to somewhat violent and thrilling stories. I believe the mafia element would entice them greatly, just as it did me. Additionally, as a result of the profanity, violence, and slight sexual content throughout, I am of the opinion that the book is more appropriate for mature readers who are not sensitive to these topics. Furthermore, readers who are partial to these topics will most likely find this to be an entertaining and exciting read.

Deep Blue Saloon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

Your review of "Deep Blue Saloon" eloquently captures the complexity of Branch Kilgore's character and the gripping narrative crafted by Thomas Courtney Click. Your appreciation for the seamless transitions between past and present demonstrates Click's mastery of storytelling, allowing readers to delve deep into Branch's backstory while staying engaged in the present events. Your thorough examination of the characters and their interactions highlights the depth and intricacy of the novel's plot, showcasing Click's skill in character development. Your observation of meticulous editing and the absence of major errors further emphasizes Click's dedication to his craft. Overall, your glowing recommendation and 5-star rating attest to the book's quality and Click's talent as an author. Your insights into the target audience and content suitability provide valuable guidance for potential readers, ensuring they can fully enjoy the thrilling and action-packed experience of "Deep Blue Saloon."
williams Emerald
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by williams Emerald »

While the book contains elements of violence and profanity, they serve to enhance the gritty realism of the mafia underworld portrayed in the story, making it an interesting read for fans of thrilling and intense narratives.
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Writing for the Vialins
Bookshelf Size: 433
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Post by NetMassimo »

Brach really seems in a bad situation in this crime thriller. This story can be brutal in some description of violent events, which are connected to mafia activities, so it's not surprising that they behave ruthlessly. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”