Review of McCurdy Investigations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: McCurdy Investigations by Melvin Deforest
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Review of McCurdy Investigations

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "McCurdy Investigations" by Melvin Deforest.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

McCurdy Investigations by Melvin Deforest is a captivating story about Melvin McCurdy and Oliver Barnet. Melvin McCurdy runs a private investigation business and employs Barnet. The book focuses on the fascinating case involving a millionaire, Dustin Harcourt, who is missing and presumed dead. Susan Harcourt is Dustin’s wife and McCurdy’s newest client. She explained that her husband’s car drove off a cliff by the ocean. Her husband’s body was not in the car. The police told her that his body may have washed out to sea. The insurance company is investigating the incident before paying the ten-million-dollar life insurance policy. Since Susan is the sole heir, she is a suspect.

In their initial meeting, Susan also informed McCurdy that she received a letter from a group of drug runners and murderers called The Jackals. The letter stated that Dustin owed them two million dollars and demanded payment within three days. She had no way of contacting them. The letter said they would contact her with the location for the payment. Susan’s attorney recommended McCurdy Investigations to assist her in these complicated issues. Susan was scared and confused about meeting this dangerous group with the money. McCurdy was excited about a new case that would pay him a significant amount of money for his efforts. He was also curious about what type of business Dustin Harcourt was involved in.

I enjoyed reading this book. The characters are realistic and relatable. What I liked most about the book was the dialogue between the characters. Each character had a distinct personality. The interactions between Melvin and Oliver were entertaining. Readers will enjoy the witty banter these two men exchange. They have worked together for so many years and know each other so well. Their humorous conversations lighten tense situations with The Jackals and the police. Readers will enjoy unraveling the mystery of what happened to Dustin Harcourt and why The Jackals are demanding money. It is a clever mystery that will keep readers guessing.

The only aspect of the book that I did not enjoy was the number of errors. There are more than ten errors in the book. With additional editing, this book is worthy of a perfect rating. The characters and story are unique and interesting. Even with the errors, I recommend the book to readers who enjoy mysteries with a sense of humor. It is a very entertaining book. However, due to the number of errors, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

McCurdy Investigations
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”