Review of Pittwater

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: The Eye of the Bedbug by Allan Davis

Review of Pittwater

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pittwater" by Kevin E M clark.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Johnson visited Brewster to discuss running for governor of Sydney one more time. PM Johnson laid out his offer and what both parties will gain from Brewster being governor. Knowing how Johnson is, Brewster set up cameras and a microphone in his house to record the conversation between them. Paula and Lindsay attended a concert at the Sydney Superdome. They had fun at the concert but missed the last bus to Pittwater. A good Samaritan on his way to Pittwater offered the girls a ride. However, this seemingly innocuous act of kindness spiraled into an unexpected turn of events, leading to uncertainty surrounding the fate of Paula and Lindsay as well as the evolving dynamics between Johnson and Brewster. Explore the twists and turns of their interconnected stories in this gripping narrative.

"Pittwater" by Kevin E. M. Clark is a captivating and suspenseful read. From its gripping outset, the book expertly withholds any clues, keeping readers on the edge of their seats. The relentless suspense makes it nearly impossible to anticipate the next twist, particularly evident in the deliberate concealment of the killer's identity.

The book delves into various themes such as rape, murder, and politics, initially appearing overwhelming but gradually revealing coherence as the narrative unfolds. It vividly portrays the dedication and determination of law enforcement in unraveling crimes, juxtaposed with the ruthless lengths to which the affluent and influential will go to safeguard their status and riches. This dynamic is exemplified in the intricate relationships between Johnson, Brewster, and Chan, highlighting Johnson's willingness to eliminate any obstacles hindering his political aspirations. Each chapter builds upon the preceding one, enhancing the overall narrative with its unfolding complexities and intricacies.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. I sincerely applaud the author for how he weaves the characters together through a series of events in the books. It is also important to mention how the author vividly describes places in such a realistic way that this further makes the plot and storyline more intriguing and intense. The author gives an explicit description of each character, making them come to life and realistically imaginable. 

The book is excellently edited; I find no mistakes in the book. The author has a great command of words, and his style of writing draws you in. Thus, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, and I recommend this rollercoaster thriller to lovers of crime thrillers and political drama.

Pittwater
View: on Bookshelves
Mercy Bolo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-bolo.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Mercy Bolo »

Interesting that random girls get entangled in a political saga that alters the course of their lives. I liked that you pointed out that Johnson is ruthless and will stop at nothing to get what he wants.
Marvelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Marvelly »

I like how the actor was able to introduce law enforcement to unraveling crime and justice was being brought in, even with the suspense I like that we were still able to understand the message being passed across.
Tomi Ahmed
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review of "Pittwater" by Kevin E. M. Clark effectively highlights the novel's captivating and suspenseful nature. The intricate plot, featuring themes of rape, murder, and political intrigue, is described as engaging and well-constructed, with a strong emphasis on the relentless suspense and unpredictability. The reviewer appreciates the detailed character development and vivid descriptions that bring the story to life. The flawless editing and the author's command of language further enhance the reading experience. Overall, the book is highly recommended for fans of crime thrillers and political dramas, earning a well-deserved 5 out of 5 stars.
Tomi Ahmed
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Proxima Dreaming
Bookshelf Size: 438
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe Morrow
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 53%

Post by NetMassimo »

A thriller that includes several different themes in a blend that eventually put them all together is certainly interesting and this one seems well-constructed. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”