Review of Something's Haunting Isis

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Big, Brave Voice by Emily A. Reed

Review of Something's Haunting Isis

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Something's Haunting Isis" by LG Shaner.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We all have different experiences that make us stronger or weaker, and as we already know, everyone has different ways of experiencing love, hate, grief, and many more. In this book titled Something's Haunting Isis, written by LG Shaner, we join on a journey through the life of Isis, a young girl who experienced a lot at a very young age, and how this affects her life in general.

Isis was on her early morning delivery of newspapers when she met a man with leather gloves. While Isis talked in fear to him, her older sister Jill joined them and left with the man, and sadly, Jill was later found dead and raped. The murderer was found 12 hours later. After the death of Jill, the children, which are Isis and her siblings, grew distant from their parents, and Isis's mom somehow blamed Isis for Jill's death. Later on, Isis got a boyfriend, Paul, and they came across a building, which led to events that got Isis arrested and tried in court. Her mother says she can't be responsible for her, and she is sentenced to the Harcourt Juvenile Penitentiary for five years. From reading this book titled Something's Haunting Isis, we learn how she survived her new environments and how all these affect her life in general.

I found this book very unique, and the author was creative with the plot, as it contains mystery. The prologue introducing this story made me curious about what to expect from this plot. I enjoyed the author's lyrical and poetic tone while writing this book, as it made the scenes realistic. The book also had some sense of humor, such as the lady Annie, who talked about Jehovah's Witness. The R-rated scenes were moderate, and the author expressed the characters' emotions well. Some aspects of this book got me emotional, such as when Isis was sent to the juvenile. My favourite character was Denise, and I enjoyed the affection he had for Isis. Lastly, the book contains information about mental health, from which readers would learn much.

I enjoyed this storyline and can't think of any way to improve it. Considering that I have no dislikes for this book, I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I encountered just an error while reading it, which proves that the book was professionally edited. I recommend this book to individuals who enjoy psychological thrillers and love books that leave readers in suspense.

Something's Haunting Isis
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
NetMassimo
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fantastic Voyage II
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-netmassimo.html
Latest Review: The Writing for the Vialins by Anna Yusuf
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 56%

Post by NetMassimo »

This is a psychological thriller that follows the life of Isis with her problems she suffers while growing up. It's not the kind of story I usually read but it seems well constructed and creative in the plot construction. Thank you for your great review!
Ciao :)
Massimo
Chi Chiu Michael Mak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chi-chiu-michael-mak.html
Latest Review: The Employee Millionaire by H. J. Chammas

Post by Chi Chiu Michael Mak »

From the review, I can tell this story's pretty dark. I know the main character suffers a lot (kind of a trend in the most popular pieces of work), but I can't tell the transformation Isis goes through in the story. It looks like the side characters have some relevance too.

Glad the book made you feel.
I write the best reviews possible. :idea2:

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”