Review of Lethal Melodies

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Shiru Elizabeth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Riddle of Alchemy
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shiru-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Transcending Labels by Mitch Stevens

Review of Lethal Melodies

Post by Shiru Elizabeth »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Lethal Melodies" by Abdulilah Hamadi.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Abdulilah Hamadi's fictitious novel Lethal Melodies discusses the dangers that music poses to the planet. What used to be a source of happiness is now endangering the audience (concertgoers). The main character of this book is David Lipton, a writer and the son of professor George Lipton, who vanished inexplicably amid the global crisis. On his quest to discover the answers to the questions thrown at him, David encounters a few others who have similar aspirations. The team collaborates closely to determine the reason behind the catastrophe that has befallen both the planet and the world of music. Will they be able to ascertain the true nature of the situation? Is there a connection between Professor Lipton's disappearance and current events? Learn more by reading this book.

This book follows the journey that David Lipton and his friend Maria take on in order to discover the source of this danger that attacks people who attend concerts in order to listen to music. Detective Diego Santana and his astute assistant, Isabel Hernandez, were also on an investigative journey in search of answers. Little did they know that their unwavering pursuit of the truth would lead them down a treacherous path filled with unexpected twists and turns. David's path and that of Diego and Isabel were on a collision course, destined to unite them against a looming threat that would challenge their understanding of reality and test the limits of their convictions.

I became completely absorbed in this fictitious work while I was reading it. I was first dubious about the idea of using music to cause harm to people, but as I read on, it started to seem incredibly intriguing, and I couldn't wait to see what was in store for the next chapter. I like how the author left you wanting to turn the page or left you on a cliffhanger at the conclusion of each chapter. It seemed like I was watching a telenovela as I awaited the next episode, which was a really lovely touch. I thought it was a great touch and complement to the novel that Avicii and Ibrahimovic were mentioned. I considered the character Balbino to be particularly noteworthy because, in spite of grave peril, he could always find a humorous way to lighten the situation. He had a great, lively demeanor and ended each phrase with "por favor," which was incredibly lovely.

I'll give this book a rating of four out of five stars after finishing it; it was a good read that was both unique and thought-provoking. I gave it a star deduction because I thought the author dragged out several of the book's scenes, and some of the explanations were very long. While reading this book, I came across a few inaccuracies that didn't significantly disrupt the flow of the text, but they could have used some editing. If I were to offer the book any critique, it would be that, other than that, it was a worthwhile read.

I think mystery-solving fans and music enthusiasts would both find this book enjoyable to read.

Lethal Melodies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”