Official Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-indiana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Official Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Wayne Indiana »

Each book in June Gillam's mystery series featuring Hillary Broome draws me more into the world of these characters. Hillary is a complex, conflicted woman, but I think most of us can relate to the issues she struggles with. House of Eire is a fine character study and riveting story.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

This sounds like a really well-written book on all counts, which is rare. I like how the author has managed to portray the characters realistically as well. Thanks for the review.The review is superbly written. I hope to write this well someday. Thank you for the review.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

I will love to know the dark secrets mentioned in the book and how Hillary get to cope her husband, child and friend all caught up in the intrigue. I really enjoyed reading the review. Though this is the third book, the review sounds encouraging for those of us who have not read the previous books in the series. Thanks Cecilia for the detailed review.
Wayne Indiana
Currently Reading:

Post by Wayne Indiana »

I felt this review is insightful into what the book of the day is about, however I found the review to be a bit clunky. Especially in the middle of the review when the reviewer started talking about the character types again and restated what type of character the main person is.
Usamaaat
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Usamaaat »

"House of Eire" by June Gillam is a captivating mystery novel that seamlessly weaves together a thrilling plot with rich character development. Gillam's vivid descriptions of the Irish landscape create an immersive experience for readers, making them feel like they are right there in the story.

The protagonist, Hillary Broome, is a compelling and relatable character whose journey keeps you engaged from start to finish. As she delves into the intricacies of her family's past in Ireland, readers are taken on a suspenseful ride filled with unexpected twists and turns.

Gillam's writing style is eloquent and well-crafted, and her ability to build tension and suspense is truly commendable. "House of Eire" is not just a mystery novel; it's a journey of self-discovery, family secrets, and the enduring connection to one's roots. It's a must-read for fans of mystery and anyone who enjoys a story that keeps them guessing until the very end.
Okewunmi Pelumi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okewunmi-pelumi.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Okewunmi Pelumi »

I like you're review. It seems that I will need to read the book. Thanks.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”