Overall rating and opinion of "We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry" (Book 5 of 6) by Matthew Tysz

Discuss We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Overall rating and opinion of "We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry" (Book 5 of 6) by Matthew Tysz

Post by gali »

This is a discussion topic for We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry (Book 5 of 6) by Matthew Tysz.

What is your overall opinion of the book? What do you like most about it? What do you like least? Will you recommend the book to other people? Why or why not?

Please remember to add your actual rating using the book's page on: Bookshelves.

* You need to read the book to comment.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
rahilshajahan
Currently Reading: Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahilshajahan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by rahilshajahan »

I enjoyed reading this book a lot. The cliffhanger in the last book was justified with the appearance of Akistry, another interesting character. There was nothing to dislike as such. It was an exhilarating read with a faceoff between Akistry and Meldorath. I recommend this book to all thriller fanatics out there.
"Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak." - Steve Wright
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars. I loved the travel into the Dire Wine Junge, and the character of Akistry :) The author managed to show a reptile looking creature so humanly. The prophet is very lovable. All fantasy/sci-fi fans would love this book.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

I rated this book 4 out of 4 stars because I really loved it, and I couldn't find anything to complain about! It was also quite exciting to see the renowned mage Meldorath finally made aware of Galen's existence. This book also made me even more curious about Galen's past and his importance as the main character, considering that even the Emperor of Lullabies relied on him to take down Meldorath. I'm starting to entertain thoughts about Galen being related to the Emperor of Lullabies somehow, possibly by blood, and that either Galen doesn't know about that, or that he had forgotten in an attempt to leave everything behind and start anew in Voulhire.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

I gave this installment 3 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, but I feel that too many questions are left unanswered on the way. For example, why does Rowan not go back to Magnum Caelum to check to what extent the Riva Rohavi destroyed his forge? Or why does Beth, who so spectacularly traveled to Voulhire, receives hardly any attention? Or did any of the Riva Rohavi survive Meldorath's attack in the previous book? Or why do we not get more information on Marshus Alderman's journey through the jungle? But I'll be glad to keep on reading the following books to see if any of these questions will be answered 🙂.
Fasmin
Favorite Book: We are voulhire
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fasmin.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry by Matthew Tysz

Post by Fasmin »

Yvonne Monique wrote: 21 Dec 2020, 13:30 I gave this installment 3 stars. I thoroughly enjoyed the book, but I feel that too many questions are left unanswered on the way. For example, why does Rowan not go back to Magnum Caelum to check to what extent the Riva Rohavi destroyed his forge? Or why does Beth, who so spectacularly traveled to Voulhire, receives hardly any attention? Or did any of the Riva Rohavi survive Meldorath's attack in the previous book? Or why do we not get more information on Marshus Alderman's journey through the jungle? But I'll be glad to keep on reading the following books to see if any of these questions will be answered 🙂.
I think it's very unlikely that any of the Riva Rohavi survived Meldorath's wrath.
“Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
– John Green

Return to “Discuss We are Voulhire: The Ascension of Akistry (Book 5 of 6)”