Who Is the Hero? Sheila or Regina?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: A Reckoning of Wolves by Judy Higgins

Re: Who Is the Hero? Sheila or Regina?

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I believe Regina. If Ron hadn't stumbled upon her, probably Sheila would be out of the picture. Regina played an instrumental role in Ron's life.
Daisy Deeh
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Daisy Deeh »

Both Regina and Sheila played a major role,they were both heroines, who doesn't like money?
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

Regina was the one who motivated and challenged Ron. I think the college she paid for probably gave Ron more opportunities than even Sheila's wealth. I would say she was the stand-out contributor to Ron's success.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Gift Olubankole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giftabbie.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Gift Olubankole »

They're both heroes for what they helped him through separately. But, it's Regina for me. After all she's the educator and a patient human.
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Post by MayorE »

They both contributed in one way or the other to Ron’s success but it’s Regina for me . She was always there to encourage Ron through everything.
Veraok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 307
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veraok.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Veraok »

Though both of them were heroines but Regina was more, because of the way she carried Ron all along her Dreams and thought him thing about life.
Kyhm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyhm.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kyhm »

Actually, I like them both. Each of them has something that influenced Ron in a good way.
athurst123
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athurst123.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by athurst123 »

I think Regina is more of a hero in this story. While Cheryl did introduce Ron to wealth, something he has never had, Regina introduced him to self-discovery. Wealth with Cheryl did not seem to make him as happy as his life of self-discovery with Regina.
shreyagupta
Currently Reading: And Then There Were None
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shreyagupta.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by shreyagupta »

valeriejane wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 19:27 Regina is the hero. Despite all odds, she pursued her dreams and was willing to challenge scientific orthodoxy. Too many times, egos get in the way of scientific discovery. As far as Sheila, as soon as things did not go her way, she dropped Ron and abandoned her marriage. Not her best moment.
~ Valerie
I agree with you. Sheila looked after her self interest. So if we are talking about being a hero, then she is out.
I don't completely understand how the word 'hero' fits in this scenario. But, Regina helped Ron realize his true potential and set him on the right path at the right time. She can be called a hero.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

Self interest or dream. Depends on how you look at it.
OB Brian
Currently Reading: Shame Off You
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ob-brian.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by OB Brian »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 23:42 Professor Regina Russo becomes the mentor Ron needs to leap into self-discovery. Sheila then introduces him to wealth. They both contribute to Ron's triumphs, but who do you think is the hero of the story?
Obviously Regina has the greater impact on Ron's life than Sheila. Neither is the hero though. They help him achieve something, but he is the one that gets it. They are Robin, he is Batman.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

While I think both Regina and Sheila both played significant roles. My ote would be for Regina. I feel development of education would win out versus wealth. I get Ron did not have much money in his life, and one may very well make the argument for Sheila. However, I have chosen career paths to enhance development knowing it would not bring me much money. I think it is why I valued Regina's involvement a little more.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Upeksha »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 23:42 Professor Regina Russo becomes the mentor Ron needs to leap into self-discovery. Sheila then introduces him to wealth. They both contribute to Ron's triumphs, but who do you think is the hero of the story?
Of course both of them have contibuted to the success of Ron's life, but I think Regina is the one who is needed to be credited most, as I think self-discovery is the most important fact for a person to become successful and Ron gained it becuase of her.
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

EnobongGold wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 18:01 Both women played important roles in Ron's life but I will give it to Regina because she's the one that gave Ron that lift in the first place. Without changing his story as a gambler Ron probably wouldn't have even met with Sheila.
Aye! You have a good point there. If Regina hadn't put Ron through school, he wouldn't have learned what he learned, which attracted Sheila to him. I'll have to give it to Regina too. She saw something in him before anyone else.
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

Regina and Sheila are complete opposites but they are both amazing and they both taught Ron different things. My personal preference lies with Regina because of her passion and dedication to science.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”