Who Is the Hero? Sheila or Regina?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Maris Charles M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maris-charles-m.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Who Is the Hero? Sheila or Regina?

Post by Maris Charles M »

I think Regina was more like the hero. Her selflessness was something I really liked.
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

For me it's Regina. She helped Ron financially. This way something that touches my heart. I thought she did it because somewhere deep inside her heart she blames herself for the death of a student in the lab. I guess helping Ron and mentoring him was her way to cope with the incident.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

I think in a way, they were both heroines but I think Regina was more of the hero because she spent so much time educating him. With that knowledge, he could have done so much! On the other hand, who doesn't like money? I would say that both women certainly were important in Ron's life.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Post by Andrada Madalina »

I think Regina is the perfect example of a heroine. From my point of view, she was a mother, tutor, and partner for Ron, and her brilliant experiments changed Ron's approach to life and the observable universe.
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Regina is the hero, starting from his outbringing she has always been there until he grew to be a man. Regina have not only rescued him financially but she also made a positive impact by mentoring him and supporting him emotionally too. Ron learnt a lot from this woman.
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Phooko Tebogo PC
Favorite Author: Walter E. Broach
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-phooko-tebogo-pc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe
fav_author_id: 202169

Post by Phooko Tebogo PC »

Valerie Garske wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 19:27 Regina is the hero. Despite all odds, she pursued her dreams and was willing to challenge scientific orthodoxy. Too many times, egos get in the way of scientific discovery. As far as Sheila, as soon as things did not go her way, she dropped Ron and abandoned her marriage. Not her best moment.
~ Valerie
A nail right on the head😌. I am agreeing with you here, Sheila was too quick to give up on Ron while Regina has been there in each and every step of the way
"Live to leave a mark, the footprints of the greatest" :obscene-drinkingcheers:
~Phooko tebogo
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

Regina is the hero. The positive impact she made in Ron's life and opportunity she sees jn people are aspects I admired.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

Professor Regina has to be the hero. She deserves the accolades. She positively impacted Ron’s life and she didn’t relent in making sure he becomes a better person.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

I go with Regina. She was the one who had the greatest impact on Ron's life. He might have missed out on everything important if he had focused only on accumulating wealth.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

They are both heroines in the life time of Ron. In making my choice, I will root for Regina as she helped him built a substantial and meaningful life compared to just having wealth. Without his self discovery, he will not be in a position to help Sheila's family in sustaining or building the wealth. What Regina inculcated in him actually helped him to stand the test of time in life. So Regina is the heroine.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

I do feel that the both of them are heroes because self-discovery less him to that wealth and the wealth made him discover himself even more.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I don't like giving other people the credit when a person achieves something, whether it's a personal or material thing. But if I were to choose between Regina or Sheila on who made a bigger and more important impact in his life, I'd say Regina
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

In a sense, both women can be considered heroines, but I perceive Regina as the primary hero due to her significant investment of time and effort in educating Ron. Equipped with the knowledge she imparted, he had the potential to accomplish great things. However, it is undeniable that the allure of financial stability is universal. Therefore, I believe that both women played crucial roles in Ron's life and made valuable contributions to his development.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”