Who Is the Hero? Sheila or Regina?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Re: Who Is the Hero? Sheila or Regina?

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

valeriejane wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 19:27 Regina is the hero. Despite all odds, she pursued her dreams and was willing to challenge scientific orthodoxy. Too many times, egos get in the way of scientific discovery. As far as Sheila, as soon as things did not go her way, she dropped Ron and abandoned her marriage. Not her best moment.
~ Valerie
Obviously Regina is the hero! She is a tremendously smart lady who challenges the orthodox science to pursue her aspirations in the field of quantum physics. Shiela is more of a money-centric person with a domineering character.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Nelson Lyric
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Lyric »

Regina is the hero, Her character is overwhelming. I like the teaching side of her.
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :no-spoil:
Miercoles
Favorite Book: The Prize
Currently Reading: The Second Eve
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miercoles.html
Latest Review: Business Basics BootCamp by Mitche Graf

Post by Miercoles »

Regina is the hero. Without her patient influence throughout the years Ron would have been a high school drop out. Sheila loved him and showed him the monetary value of his work and its ability to give social standing, but in the end wealth was not his priority. Through Regina Ron was able to achieve a certain degree of satisfaction by meeting the challenges which she constantly brought to his life through her scientific inventions.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Post by Menace Crypto »

I'm going to go with Regina here because she contributed a great deal in his life. Sponsoring his college education says it all, because without that his life would have taken a different path.
joynob24365
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joynob24365.html
Latest Review: Weeping Goes Unheard by Lucia Mann

Post by joynob24365 »

It's hard to choose. They both helped Ron but Regina was the first one to do so. If she didn't help him, Sheila wouldn't be able to do much. To be honest, I don't know.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

B Creech wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 17:57 I give the hero badge of honor to Regina! She mentored Ron and led him into discovering his potential, whereas Shelia was focused on money more than self-discovery. Although both are desired and necessary in life, I believe self-discovery is the most important.
Indeed, self-discovery is very important. Wealth is very important, but self-discovery is exactly what can guide a person towards wealth. For example, a person can find his or her talent that will help him or her make money.

So, I choose Regina too.
kalgaonkarsnehal
Favorite Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Favorite Book: Wish You Well
Currently Reading: Connect the Dots
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalgaonkarsnehal.html
Latest Review: Effective R.U.L.E. by satish shitut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 15638

Post by kalgaonkarsnehal »

I think Regina is the hero, mostly because of her influence on Ron and his life. It was much more significant as compared to Shelia's which can be categorized as one of the chapters of his life, even though she was his wife.
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” ― Isaac Asimov :techie-studyinggray: :D
Chigo Nwagboso
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chigo-nwagboso.html
Latest Review: Last minute wedding date by Anthony george

Post by Chigo Nwagboso »

Personally, I would say Professor Sheila laid the foundation and nurtured Ron, while Regina helped in actualizing his dreams and to harness his potentials. Therefore, Prof Sheila is the Hero in his life.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

An affluent individual who has not found himself is probably going to explore different avenues regarding his riches yet abundance in the possession of a self-found individual is an integral asset. What's more, a self-found individual is bound to tackle his possibilities for abundance creation.
Steve23kn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steve23kn.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Steve23kn »

The two ladies assumed significant functions in Ron's day to day existence yet I will offer it to Regina since she's the one that gave Ron that lift in any case. Without changing his story as a card shark Ron likely would not have even known Sheila.
Ify_Reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ify-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Return to Eternity by Jenni Barnett

Post by Ify_Reviewer »

What is wealth without self-discovery and what is self-discovery without wealth? Regina's impact on Ron is the foundation while Sheila's impact is the building block.
BellAJoEb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajoeb.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by BellAJoEb »

Regina took the shine if both heroines are to be compared . Although they both made a great impact in Ron's life. This not withstanding, Regina contributed towards his character building by becoming a mentor.
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

Picking a hero between Sheila and Regina depends on the context one is looking at. If you are looking at the knowledge aspect, regina really educated Ron. On the other hand, Sheila spent good money. I would conclude by saying both ladies are heroes.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

Regina and Sheila both played an equal part in Ron's life. But, personally, I will choose Regina over Sheila. Regina was the one who guided Ron at the first place. The character of Regina is a unique one that stands out till the end. Her relationship with Ron is very beautiful to read. She is mystery and an pen book both.
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 22:51
Ldpuff wrote: 27 Nov 2020, 19:24 Definitely Regina! She takes her time with Ron and dedicates herself to teaching him. I value education way more than wealth which is why I say Regina.
Very true, if we were to switch the plot and Ron received money only, then his ending would be a negative one. From the beginning, he was attached to quick fixes and fast money. BUt Regina restructures his attitude towards money and how to earn it. She keeps pushing him to become responsible and accountable.
Oh, absolutely! What an interesting perspective that would have been! Without her, his life surely would have been different.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”