Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

When I first came across the book, I thought it was addressing how time affected our daily lives. The cover art also portrayed the scientific concept of time. But after reading the book, I believe the author could have chosen a different title to entice the reader. Ron is on a journey to find out who he is and what he is capable of doing. Did you find Timewise to be appropriate, or do you have other suggestions for a better title?
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

I think the title is just right. It's catchy and unrevealing. If anything had to change, perhaps add a word or phrase to it, but Timewise is close to perfect.
Luluwa79
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

I think the title sounds appealing enough and since the story is about time travel through physics, i would say it's the perfect title
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

RHD wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 04:41 I think the title is just right. It's catchy and unrevealing. If anything had to change, perhaps add a word or phrase to it, but Timewise is close to perfect.
I agree with the unrevealing aspect of it. Before I could start reading the book, I had a couple of assumptions on what it was about. I believe that is part of the reason I chose to read the sample and finally the entire book.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Luluwa79 wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 09:41 I think the title sounds appealing enough and since the story is about time travel through physics, i would say it's the perfect title
The connection of the title to the physics topics on time that are addressed is a good approach from the author. In addition, I think it was clever not to give up so much to the reader through the title. The only part of science revealed is ‘science fiction’ which is depicted by the book cover artwork.
Stephanie Elizabeth
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 212
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Do You Remember Me? by Wm M Crouch

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

I actually really like the title! I think the cover page and the title make for an intriguing combination. In my personal opinion, having time in the title is fitting because of the focus on the theory of time.
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

Oh, that's debatable. When I first read the title, I thought it was going to be about the main character gaining knowledge about time and how that was going to change them and their perspective. When I finished reading the book, though, I don't think that was its objective? That objective ended with Regina, and Ron continued his life without her and their project. The title is catchy and fits a little, but it could get better.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Dr D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dr-d.html
Latest Review: The Internet President: None of the Above by P.G. Sundling
Reading Device: B07QCCW5KB

Post by Dr D »

Well the book is similar in some aspects with the movie 'Interstellar'. And the title also gives the same vibes. Does not reveal much but at the same time, stimulates thinking about the depth of topic, you don't even have an idea about.
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

I think the title is pretty fitting. I have to agree with the above commenters: I like its unrevealing quality and the fact that it still hints at the main theme of the book. I wouldn't change it.
Melexa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melexa.html
Latest Review: Colors of Love by Adeola Oyekola

Post by Melexa »

I think the title is perfect. It leaves a lot to the imagination. When I first saw the title, I couldn't help but wonder what the book is about.

I actually love short and catchy titles. For a book that talks about time, 'Timewise' is a good title. Anything more might have been too much. My opinion though.
houligan19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-houligan19.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by houligan19 »

I thought it was a perfect title. One of the main science ideas was about time and how it affects us, but isn't "real". Ron spent quite a bit of time learning about time as well, therefore becoming "timewise."
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Dominik_G wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 04:03 I think the title is pretty fitting. I have to agree with the above commenters: I like its unrevealing quality and the fact that it still hints at the main theme of the book. I wouldn't change it.
I also agree that the unrevealing aspect is what encouraged me to keep turning pages. At first I had an assumption that Robert would focus on time and expound on it as the story unfolded. But that wasn't the case. The tale flows smoothly with other events without deviating from the main theme of time.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Dr D wrote: 02 Nov 2020, 03:49 Well the book is similar in some aspects with the movie 'Interstellar'. And the title also gives the same vibes. Does not reveal much but at the same time, stimulates thinking about the depth of topic, you don't even have an idea about.
I haven't watched 'Interstellar,' but I took a look at the trailer. You can compare it with Robert's book because of the central theme of how time affects events both on human beings and nature. For instance, Ron had to take time learning how to be responsible and skillful, and at the same time, he coincidentally meets the right people to steer him to his goals.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

Stephanie Elizabeth wrote: 01 Nov 2020, 19:58 I actually really like the title! I think the cover page and the title make for an intriguing combination. In my personal opinion, having time in the title is fitting because of the focus on the theory of time.
If you were to also think of the title you will realize that it is made up of two words (time and wise). Ron needs time to learn and discover himself. It is after a while that he becomes wise and makes life changing decisions.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

I agree that the title is unrevealing. As I like for covers/titles to reveal a hint of what the book will be about, it seems apt. What I like most, though, is that it can be interpreted in different ways depending on who sees it and what their background is! I, for instance, immediately associated it with sci-fi. Others, however, seem to have connected it to physics theory. It's all in the perspective. I think the author did well in choosing it.
Books are my self-medication. 8)

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”