Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
MayorE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayore.html
Latest Review: Remarkably Intact by Celia Belt

Re: Is Timewise the Perfect Title?

Post by MayorE »

The title is a little bit misleading. One might think the book has to do with time travel or how people managed their time. reading the book, we find out it's quite different although, With the title, you would still Know the genre of the book either way. So I think the title is appropriate enough
Muladan
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Inside the Mind of a Successful CEO
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muladan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Muladan »

For a book concerned with time travel, I think this is a perfect title. The title doesn't revel much and yet it isn't devoid of the time factor. I think the title is catchy and just right.
dragontale7
Currently Reading: Furyborn
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragontale7.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by dragontale7 »

I think the title is a good choice. It's short, intriguing, doesn't reveal anything, and leaves the reader curious as to what it refers to in the story.
Kyhm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyhm.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kyhm »

Personally, I'd say the title is just right. But I also think it's pretty subjective. Depends on someone else's opinion.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

I believe the title is fitting for the premise of the book. The author chose not to add to much to it like others have. I would have picked up this book based on the title and the cover art alone.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
Dabrielle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dabrielle.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Dabrielle »

I love the title actually! I believe it is really creative. One quotation that pervades the novel is "awareness creates time." So, the title Timewise is very apt to this central notion discussed at length by Regina. It is also relevant to the fact that Regina builds a time machine; so she is in fact very 'timewise'. In my opinion, the title is well suited to the content of the book.
ReaderAisha2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readeraisha2020.html
Latest Review: Your Adventurous Life Awaits by Maryann Remsberg and Brian Remsberg

Post by ReaderAisha2020 »

I think it is appropriate since it is about time and also about becoming wiser about it I guess. So in this instance, it is suitable. I also feel interested to read more because of that
BellAJoEb
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellajoeb.html
Latest Review: Divine Simplicity Day 3...Unity In The Community by Yasher Echad El

Post by BellAJoEb »

I believe the title to be appropriate. It raises questions in ones mind and it's also catches attention. Immediately after getting your attention, any reader will want to start reading to find out more. "Timewise" is just right.
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

Timewise is an ideal title. I leaves the reader with an idea of what the book may entail but does not reveal too much.
Sophia10
Currently Reading: Master the Law of Attraction
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia10.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Sophia10 »

Yes time wise to entice the readers title named as such. But it highly mirrors the wiseness of the author thoroughly surprisingly.
Cassie_Megan
Currently Reading: Totem
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-megan.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Cassie_Megan »

I think the title is very good, it is very catchy and captures well the essence of the book. It is about time travel, the main character learns about time through science. So "Timewise" is perfect according to me!
Elvis Best
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: Teething Problems by Mark Fletcher

Post by Elvis Best »

The title is just right to me. It doesn't reveal too much about the book yet piques your interest. There are a lot of good books out whose titles are just as vague, so I do not think it's really a problem here.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

“Timewise” was the perfect title for this book, I think the author did a great job picking out the title and the cover art compliments it as well, and also the title isn’t revealing the storyline or giving anything away which I love because with book titles sometimes you can guess what the book is about which kind of detracts from the overall fun of reading the book so I commend the author for using the title he chose.
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

I like the way the title leaves me guessing what the book is actually about, my assumption was that it could be a way of saying time will tell and indeed judging from the relationship between Regina and Ron, it actually fits in. May not necessarily pass for a perfect title but it's sure near perfect.
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Upeksha »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 31 Oct 2020, 23:55 When I first came across the book, I thought it was addressing how time affected our daily lives. The cover art also portrayed the scientific concept of time. But after reading the book, I believe the author could have chosen a different title to entice the reader. Ron is on a journey to find out who he is and what he is capable of doing. Did you find Timewise to be appropriate, or do you have other suggestions for a better title?
Well, actually I have mixed feelings about this. Just at the sight of the title, I thought the same as you, that it portrays a kind of scientific concept. But in a way, I think the title is suitable for its content and also it is highly capable of draging readers' attention to the book. :eusa-think:

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”