Timewise by Robert Leet: Who is your Favourite Character and Why?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Marty_Kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marty-kelly.html
Latest Review: Genetic Spurn - The Reality? by M. R. Coates - Rutgers Univ. GSM

Timewise by Robert Leet: Who is your Favourite Character and Why?

Post by Marty_Kelly »

Timewise contains many wonderful characters. My favourite is Regina. I like how she is able to simplify things and is ever creative and spontaneous. Take for instance, the plan she used to get Ron to continue his education, and how she handled DeVries.

Who is your favourite character in Timewise? Why?
EnobongGold
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by EnobongGold »

My favourite character is Regina. I love the she changed Ron's life.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

EnobongGold wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 17:53 My favourite character is Regina. I love the she changed Ron's life.
Regina is also my favorite. She adds life to the narrative. Her exceptional character keeps building up the plot. What do you think about her alleged accident at the laboratory?
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Marty_Kelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marty-kelly.html
Latest Review: Genetic Spurn - The Reality? by M. R. Coates - Rutgers Univ. GSM

Post by Marty_Kelly »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 12:15
EnobongGold wrote: 04 Nov 2020, 17:53 My favourite character is Regina. I love the she changed Ron's life.
Regina is also my favorite. She adds life to the narrative. Her exceptional character keeps building up the plot. What do you think about her alleged accident at the laboratory?
Very sad. I wish there was more backstory to her character. Who did she have such interest in Ron. There relationship virtually mother-son kind.
Valerie Garske
Currently Reading: the girl who know Davanci
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-garske.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valerie Garske »

I loved Regina. Wow, if only there were more people who were willing to pay for college. If I had met someone like her when I was Ron's age, my life would have been much easier. Instead, I did everything the hard way
~ Valerie
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

My favorite character would be Regina. Women in science aren't mentioned and credited as frequent as we need, but I love how the author wrote her character. She's smart, ambitious, determined. I can only wish and strive to be on her level someday.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 12:15 Regina is also my favorite. She adds life to the narrative. Her exceptional character keeps building up the plot. What do you think about her alleged accident at the laboratory?
Hasn't she already confirmed that it was an accident? My stomach sank when I read that, while my mind was blown away when it was revealed that Manisha was in a relationship with the FBI agent. We aren't sure who to blame... but whether I like it or not, the chances that she died from an explosion caused by Regina's experiments are quite huge.
Kathleen Lavador

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

valeriejane wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 19:29 I loved Regina. Wow, if only there were more people who were willing to pay for college. If I had met someone like her when I was Ron's age, my life would have been much easier. Instead, I did everything the hard way
~ Valerie
Regina is exceptional. But remember Ron didn't get it easily. He had to earn the stipend. That meant working hard to get better grades. Regina was also specific on the grades. She was clear that Ron would have had to earn the stipend by attaining a straight 'A'.
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

valeriejane wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 19:29 I loved Regina. Wow, if only there were more people who were willing to pay for college. If I had met someone like her when I was Ron's age, my life would have been much easier. Instead, I did everything the hard way
~ Valerie
I can relate with you there. If I met someone like Regina, I would've jumped at the opportunity right after it was first offered to me! But then again, if Ron was to go to school, that would mean he'd juggle his time for that and work. He didn't just need money for school, he also needed to pay for rent and food and other essentials.
Kathleen Lavador

Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

lavkathleen wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 01:14
~ Valerie
I can relate with you there. If I met someone like Regina, I would've jumped at the opportunity right after it was first offered to me! But then again, if Ron was to go to school, that would mean he'd juggle his time for that and work. He didn't just need money for school, he also needed to pay for rent and food and other essentials.
Regina is empathetic and concerned. Ron on the other hand wants to try different things before he can settle. Robert Leet painted that side of him for a reason. It kept things fired up. In my opinion if Ron had chosen to follow Regina's requests from the beginning the narrative would have been less intense.
lavkathleen

Post by lavkathleen »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 23:18 Regina is empathetic and concerned. Ron on the other hand wants to try different things before he can settle. Robert Leet painted that side of him for a reason. It kept things fired up. In my opinion if Ron had chosen to follow Regina's requests from the beginning the narrative would have been less intense.
Hmm. You're right. I liked that aspect of his character; it made it more realistic for me. It was because life isn't linear, no matter how much we want it to be. Sometimes, it's better to keep your hands open for new and unique opportunities, whether you're confident you'll make it or not. He reminds me of myself in that way.
Kathleen Lavador

Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Where's Baby, Momma? by Antoinette McDonald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

My favorite character was Louise. Maybe it was because he/she was more involved in the romantic plot and not in the scientific discussions. I enjoyed his/her underground explorations and the descriptions of his/her unorthodox lifestyle.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:

diana lowery wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 08:51 My favorite character was Louise. Maybe it was because he/she was more involved in the romantic plot and not in the scientific discussions. I enjoyed his/her underground explorations and the descriptions of his/her unorthodox lifestyle.
I was fascinated when it came to the underground adventures. He/she was conversant with the hidden pathways. It was the right timing to get off the scientific hook that had now become slightly overboard. I wish Robert Leet had expended Louise's story.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 341
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Where's Baby, Momma? by Antoinette McDonald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I agree with you. Even though it was a bit contrived how she just happened to show up again, I was happy to see her. She pretty much saved the day with her discovery.
megan433
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan433.html
Latest Review: There's a Rooster in My Bathroom! by Trish Ostroski

Post by megan433 »

Marty_Kelly wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 16:50
Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 12:15
Very sad. I wish there was more backstory to her character. Who did she have such interest in Ron. There relationship virtually mother-son kind.
Regina was absolutely fasinating as a character and I wished we got more time with her. I hope that Robert Leet does something else with her in another book, maybe going into how she got into theoretical physics in the first place.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”