Timewise by Robert Leet: Who is your Favourite Character and Why?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Rashfordmbe10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rashfordmbe10.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Re: Timewise by Robert Leet: Who is your Favourite Character and Why?

Post by Rashfordmbe10 »

Regina was an astounding character. I often wonder how many people get to live like Regina. Her energy, support, determination, and excellence know no bounds.
Drianie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Drianie »

Because of the frequent and lengthy physics lectures, I enjoyed Louise's character popping up here and there to provide me with a breath of fresh air. I loved the inclusion of his/her whimsical and weird character traits and strange interests. I would love to read a novel that features a character with a similar background and interests and exploring that type of lifestyle of which I know nothing.
Ahbed Nadir
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ahbed-nadir.html
Latest Review: There's Always Tomorrow by Jim Carr

Post by Ahbed Nadir »

My favorite character was Louise. He/she came into the story at just the right time to bring it back to life and add a new twist with the discovery.
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

My favorite character was Regina. I loved the replies she gave to questions thrown to her. Here's one "If you simply learn to recognize what you see, you’ll only see what you already know..."
Faithy_Goody_Star
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faithy-star.html
Latest Review: Autism: One Grandparent's Roadmap by Geoffrey Robinson

Post by Faithy_Goody_Star »

My favorite character was Regina. I loved the replies she gave to questions thrown to her. Here's one "If you simply learn to recognize what you see, you’ll only see what you already know..."
Barbie_sidhu
Currently Reading: Strong heart
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barbie-sidhu.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Barbie_sidhu »

Regina!! An independent woman with a strong will to do what she wants. Moreover, she guided Ron to his probable future. Her character is worth crediting. There are a variety of characters in the story, but Regina a dominant and inspiring one.
Lucille27
Favorite Book: The Haunting of the Hill House
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucille27.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lucille27 »

I think my favourite characters are either Sheila or Regina. However, I think because we can only follow Ron's perspective we don't get a good grab of who they really are. Sheila, specially, is neglected as this wild and rushed presence that exists to improve Ron's life in every aspect a woman could. She is a mere love interest who improves all the other areas of his life while she is there. But we don't get to see an insight of the real dynamics between them, what motivates her, her background story. She seems just a draft. Something similar happens with Regina, although, her personality is more reserved so it doesn't feel so strange with her. Both characters seem to have a nice and strong personality, so it's a shame for me that they just weren't more developed.
Jeanninegarfield
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeanninegarfield.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Jeanninegarfield »

I enjoyed the character of Louise the most in the novel. Her story was one of the most interesting and inventive in the novel. I was left wondering why she was traveling in the tunnels, where she came from, and what she did during the time she was not with Ron. Her character's actions were the most unpredictable and surprising to me.
Goodness C N
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-c-n.html
Latest Review: Love Yourself & Lose Weight: The Success Story of Self Love by Katie Lips

Post by Goodness C N »

Following popular opinion, Regina is my favorite character because of how she helped Ron with the promised paychecks and adding to the fact that she's intelligent.
Mutai Marshal
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 515
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mutai-marshal.html
Latest Review: A Reckoning of Wolves by Judy Higgins

Post by Mutai Marshal »

I loved Regina. She made Aron recognize his abilities. By so doing, it created room for the storyline to unravel flawlessly
Daisy Deeh
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Daisy Deeh »

All credit goes to Regina, i mean she is so creative and concern. i yearn for more and more of her
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

My favorite character was Sheila. I loved her drive and motivation. I loved that she was an ambitious and smart woman who wouldn't slow down for anyone. She did disappoint me a little when she left Ron, though.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Gift Olubankole
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giftabbie.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Gift Olubankole »

My favourite character would be Regina. This is purely based on several reviews I have read on this book. She was a science mogul who rather relied on the things of her heart. Regardless, his wife, Sheila, does also sound like an interesting character.
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Chelsearoses »

I'm going to have to agree with the majority and say Regina. She definitely added a lot and I also wish there was more on her back story. There could have been more added to her story than just mostly her paying for his college and all of her technical talk with Ron. I felt there was more of her to give or add before she left.
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
Dominik_G
Currently Reading: Secret Window
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dominik-g.html
Latest Review: A Long Dark Rainbow by Michael Tappenden

Post by Dominik_G »

My favorite character was Regina. I really appreciated her strength, intelligence, and willingness to help Ron.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”