What questions remain unanswered for you?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Nwaogazie Goodness
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwaogazie-goodness.html
Latest Review: The Harlem Story by Danny Holst

Re: What questions remain unanswered for you?

Post by Nwaogazie Goodness »

I'm still curious about the life of Louis/Louise. Was she homosexual? Was she a crossdresser or did she just love appearing male or female on different occasions?
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Yes, indeed the book felt like a quick wrap up. Louise's character would have been used further. And also Regina's project and the time machine could have been given a proper plan before disposal. And was the time machine actually destroyed and buried? I don't believe that
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

lavkathleen wrote: 06 Nov 2020, 02:43
jhnews wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 23:32 Timewise by Robert Leet attempted to wrap up the story quickly, I felt. How did you feel about the way Louise’s story ended? How do you feel about the buried time machine? (Spoiler alert) Did Regina’s reasoning for ending her life then and there make sense? Would she not have set up her work better to ensure that Ron would continue her experiments?
To answer your questions:

1.) I love that a transgender character was part of the story; I wish she stayed and had a more important role, though. The ending given to her was concerning! I wish we knew what exactly happened.
2.) I've already mentioned that it was anticlimactic. It was such a waste.
3.) From my perspective, it did. She was already dying from radioactive poisoning, and I guess she also used that to do her (hypothetically) one last experiment—travelling through time herself. It made me sad but... what a way to go, if you ask me.
4.) I haven't thought about that, but that would've been practical and, as a reader, more satisfying. The only downside to that thought is that Ron is mathematician, not a physicist. He may have understood her work on an impressive level, but to continue Regina's work... you have to be Regina yourself or someone better. I guess he got rid of it as he wouldn't be able to continue and make more progress, anyway. Also, he's in too much pain to even go inside the lab.
Ron doesn't go into the lab because it is too painful. He just buries the time machine. What was actually happened to Regina? Did she really die or did she succeed in her last experiment? I would like to know whether she will come back, and I like to see that happening
Sushan Ekanayake

Mounce574 wrote: 11 Nov 2020, 00:02 What did the FBI want to know about Louise?
Did Ron keep all of Regina's research secret after she died?
What did Ron intend to do with his education after the end of the work with Regina?
Why didn't Ron let Regina know what he felt for her?
Your last question has occurred in my mind too. Ron already knew what sort of a relationship that he had with Regina. Yet he decided to reveal his thoughts. Why?
Hilda Martinovic
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hilda-martinovic.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Hilda Martinovic »

I would like to know who is the new girl at the end of the book. Is she a younger Regina that saw the future and went back in time (or her knowledge and personality went into Diana somehow)? She stated that she can prove that awareness creates time. Also, I was wandering what happened to Louise. Why was the FBI looking for her? Hopefully, she was ok or at least that she found what she was looking for.
Nelson Lyric
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Lyric »

jhnews wrote: 05 Nov 2020, 23:32 Timewise by Robert Leet attempted to wrap up the story quickly, I felt. How did you feel about the way Louise’s story ended? How do you feel about the buried time machine? (Spoiler alert) Did Regina’s reasoning for ending her life then and there make sense? Would she not have set up her work better to ensure that Ron would continue her experiments?
Regina's "secret" are they safe with Ron after her passing?
Is Ron going to Reverse her death by traveling back into time to save her?
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :no-spoil:
Steve23kn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-steve23kn.html
Latest Review: Empowered by Dominica Lumazar

Post by Steve23kn »

I'm interested who the young lady toward the finish of the story is because of my manner of thinking and the idea of the subject of the book being talked about.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

After reading, I can say that book felt like a speedy wrap up. Louise's character would have been utilized further. And furthermore Regina's undertaking and the time machine might have been given an appropriate arrangement before removal. What's more, was the time machine really crushed and covered? I don't accept that.
Chikari
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chikari.html
Latest Review: The Talking Baobab Tree by Nelda LaTeef
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by Chikari »

1.) I love that a transgender character was part of the story; I wish she stayed and had a more important role, though. The ending given to her was concerning! I wish we knew what exactly happened.
3.) From my perspective, it did. She was already dying from radioactive poisoning, and I guess she also used that to do her (hypothetically) one last experiment—travelling through time herself. It made me sad but... what a way to go, if you ask me.
4.) I haven't thought about that, but that would've been practical and, as a reader, more satisfying. The only downside to that thought is that Ron is mathematician, not a physicist. He may have understood her work on an impressive level, but to continue Regina's work... you have to be Regina yourself or someone better. I guess he got rid of it as he wouldn't be able to continue and make more progress, anyway. Also, he's in too much pain to even go inside the lab.
You point out something that always gets me too. I get super bored when stories become anticlimactic. Like when you can tell that the big ending is just going to fizzle out. I also agree that the idea of being terminally ill and getting the chance to try time travel interesting. I've always told my husband that I'd gladly let myself be shot into a black hole just to see what happens if I were terminally ill. Leaving on my own terms sounds better than dying in constant pain.
**Always happy to go on a new adventure!**
Amber_joslyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-joslyn.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Amber_joslyn »

I wish there would have been more about Louise's story. It ended so abruptly. Especially since there was such a gap in Louise's appearances, I felt like there was supposed to be something more significant than the ending she was given. I was also disappointed in all the effort Ron and Regina invested just for it to be buried at the end. Maybe there is some significance to that.
Olgamiell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olgamiell.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Knights of Chalethire by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olgamiell »

I'd love to know more about Louis/Louise's story. The character seemed very interesting from the beginning; then she kind of shows up deus ex machina to let Ron know the FBI agent is up to something, and then she vanishes somewhere in Europe. Did she stay in Rome with her shady boyfriend? I'd be glad to learn more about her (especially after her second appearance). I was also very surprised by Regina's death, considering the effort they put into moving the whole lab to a different state. I feel like I'd love the cliffhanger, wherein in the end, the character identical to Regina's appears out of nowhere some years later! But on the other hand, the ending seems very life-like. Regina's gone, and Ron is trying to carry on with his life the best way he can.
Lucille27
Favorite Book: The Haunting of the Hill House
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucille27.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lucille27 »

Louise was a very interesting character and I think, as all the other female characters from this book, she deserved more development. A lot of questions remained unanswered and I think it is because Ron is a very faulty narrator. We are contrived to only his perspective and that is awful. I don't know the answers about Regina since, precisely, we know little about her and her motivations. There should have been a more in-depth development of the characters. Maybe instead of explaining lenghthy things about physics which didn't lead anywhere.
Noelle770
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

Joseph_ngaruiya wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 14:05 Louise seems to be an interesting character. His/her lifestyle was a bit complicated. In my opinion, I would have preferred that Louise's story was pushed further and some of the physics topics reduced. Nevertheless, it did not affect my reading experience.
I agree. I also was curious why the FBI was after her and if they ever caught up with her
Chelsearoses
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chelsearoses.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Chelsearoses »

In response to Louise,
I feel like an idiot because of the way it was written (or maybe that's my opinion) I was confused at first because unless I'm mistaken, when Ron realized Louis was Louise...I remember it being written as he noticed she was "human" and female. Like she was actually a spirit like form or a part of his imagination. I don't know, maybe I was really tired and sleep deprived when reading that part. But she didn't immediately register to me through writing, oh she's a transgender woman. I'm happy for a transgender person to be featured, I just feel really dumb for not realizing it right away hah
"In every Heaven you'll find some Hell.And there's a welcome in each farewell.Life can be harsh the future strict, who would dare predict.So let's be happy, forever happy, completely happy. And a tiny bit sad."Happy/Sad-Addams Family Musical
Daisy Deeh
Currently Reading: Fifty Shades of Grey
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by Daisy Deeh »

why did Ron kept his feelings a secret,,it really left me wondering

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”