Ron's Bad and Good side

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Miranda King
Currently Reading: Hunted
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miranda-king.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty

Re: Ron's Bad and Good side

Post by Miranda King »

ashleymarie310 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 10:01 I don't know that it's a matter of a "bad side" and a "good side". Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. For Ron, I would say he bounced around in relationships a lot while trying to figure out who he is and who he likes. He also had a bit of a gambling addiction that could have ending drastically different for him if not for the redeeming qualities Regina helped him find in himself.
I love how you put strengths and weaknesses. He has 4 relationships over the course of the book which is quite a few years...that is actually seemingly okay. College he has a girlfriend. After he married a woman. Later he sees Regina.

In a way he is trying to find himself and these women do help him discover the different aspects of who he is. His gambling is a habit that is fed by his math and love of it. But he is loyal and loving and has a wonderful personality.
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

I think it's more like good quality. That is, his ability to know when to stick to his guns. For instance, when he felt like he wasn't getting a fair deal from Sheila's father, he didn't back down. He also knew how to reason his way out of sticky situations. His negative/bad side/quality would be from his earlier years when he preferred to settle for what required the least amount of work... Laziness.
Maggie Johnson 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggie-johnson-2.html
Latest Review: Graham's Folly by Miguel Gutierrez

Post by Maggie Johnson 2 »

The way he moved from things/relationships/places without a backward glance. On the one hand, it felt a little cold. At the same time, I admired how he could throw himself completely into something new and make it work.
Asja Šabani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asja-sabani.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Asja Šabani »

I think Ron is, overall, a decent guy. He is not perfect, but who is?
However, there is one thing about him that I can't get over. Why does he sleep in his car when he has a perfectly functioning apartment? I understand being passionate and dedicated to one's work, but he really takes it to extremes by neglecting his most basic physical needs.
Aashu Chaudhary
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aashu-chaudhary.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Aashu Chaudhary »

I do agree with you. Ron did jump from one relationship to another. But he never had a choice himself. In the first relation, it was not him who decide to choose his career over his relationship. In the second relationship also, his GF has doubts about their relationship. I don't think Ron has any bad side. He was just a genuine guy who had to make some hard decisions to save his beloved ones.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

One of the good sides of Ron was that he had self-confidence and he was also able to get higher grades in school. However, his weakness on the other side is little lack of self control and indulging in gambling etc.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

Ron's positive qualities included self-confidence and the ability to achieve higher grades in school. His weakness, on the other hand, is a lack of self-control and an indulgence in gambling, among other things.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

For Ron's bad side, I would say it is how in some way, he could not really handle all the relationships he went in to. His good side would be how dedicated and persistent he is.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Ron had a lot of positive traits; he was dependable, determined, and self-assured; but, his one weakness was with women, and he paid for it.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

I would say Ron’s bad side is his gambling addiction. While his good side is his ability to learn.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

I believe his tendency to jump from one relationship to the next is a weakness. I believe he was still not stable enough to figure out what he wanted, and it was a learning experience for him. His good side was his devotion to his friends, and I also liked his personality.
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

The only good thing about Ron was his ability in math and gambling but i admire his willingness and persistence to be successful at what ever he attempted. His negative aspect was his womanizing and his complacency before he met Regina.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

To me, his bad side would be the rigorous bad decisions that he made and his good side would be the love he felt for Regina.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

One of the good sides of Ron was that he had self-confidence and he was also able to get higher grades in school. However, his weakness on the other side is little lack of self control and indulging in gambling etc.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

Ron possessed notable strengths, including self-confidence and the ability to achieve higher grades in school. However, on the flip side, he exhibited a slight lack of self-control and occasionally succumbed to indulgences such as gambling.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”