Ron's Bad and Good side

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Tonze
Currently Reading: Don't Sweat the Small Stuff
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tonze.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Ron's Bad and Good side

Post by Tonze »

What is the bad side you have seen about Ron and what is his good side?
For me Ron's bad side was that jumping from one Relationship to the other. And the good side I have seen is that he was persistent to what he wants no matter what.
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

:|
Tonze wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 17:53 What is the bad side you have seen about Ron and what is his good side?
For me Ron's bad side was that jumping from one Relationship to the other. And the good side I have seen is that he was persistent to what he wants no matter what.
I wouldn't say it's his bad side. Instead, I'd call it his weakness, that he was not able to regulate his gambling habit. If it weren't for Regina I think Ron could have ended up badly. One of the positive aspects is his self-confidence, which pushed him to achieve higher grades in school.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

Having multiple relationships throughout one's lifetime is not a bad thing.

One bad side I could think of was during his early years, he was only interested in earning money. I don't blame him at all for that. I wanted him to figure out what his passions are other than that, like a crazy ambitions that would lead him to greatness. But then again, you need to have the privilege of having money and support to do that, which he didn't have at first.

His good side that I love was his loyalty to his friends. For me, it's one of the most important virtues you should have and offer to others... and he nailed it. I love him for that.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Jabril Miller
Currently Reading: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-12ultimate.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Jabril Miller »

I feel one of Ron's most positive attributes is his determination, which lets him get through all matter of situations such as being assaulted, getting divorced, and even losing a loved one. He seems unshakable save for rare occasions in the book, which makes him a truly noteworthy character.

By the same token, Ron also seems to be the type to not question things beyond a preliminary examination, which gets him into trouble. A lot of the actions he takes seem questionable or dangerous (all of the experiments with Regina are prime examples, though even his "encounter" with Sheila radiated reckless behavior), and it's possible at least a few situations and complications could've been avoided if he'd used more hindsight (his divorce, potentially).
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

12ultimate wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 22:41 By the same token, Ron also seems to be the type to not question things beyond a preliminary examination, which gets him into trouble. A lot of the actions he takes seem questionable or dangerous (all of the experiments with Regina are prime examples, though even his "encounter" with Sheila radiated reckless behavior), and it's possible at least a few situations and complications could've been avoided if he'd used more hindsight (his divorce, potentially).
Yeah, I'd say he's an impulsive type of person, which is something that I kind of like. I think too much before making decisions, so it's a breath of fresh air to see someone like him who goes with the flow.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

lavkathleen wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 04:00
12ultimate wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 22:41 By the same token, Ron also seems to be the type to not question things beyond a preliminary examination, which gets him into trouble. A lot of the actions he takes seem questionable or dangerous (all of the experiments with Regina are prime examples, though even his "encounter" with Sheila radiated reckless behavior), and it's possible at least a few situations and complications could've been avoided if he'd used more hindsight (his divorce, potentially).
Yeah, I'd say he's an impulsive type of person, which is something that I kind of like. I think too much before making decisions, so it's a breath of fresh air to see someone like him who goes with the flow.
Luckily, Ron's impulsive behavior hardly got him in trouble. What I liked most about him is his attitude towards challenges. He lost on gambling and never took it negatively. He risked being evicted from his residence but did the right thing of striking a deal with his landlord.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Sanju Lali
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Goodbye, Rudy Kazoody
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sanju-lali.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Sanju Lali »

One of the good sides of Ron was that he had self-confidence and he was also able to get higher grades in school. However, his weakness on the other side is little lack of self control and indulging in gambling etc.
life is only knowing the unknown, we can do this by reading books easily- Online book club is a great place for this. This is what I believe.
ashleymarie310
Currently Reading: To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Bookshelf Size: 519

Post by ashleymarie310 »

I don't know that it's a matter of a "bad side" and a "good side". Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. For Ron, I would say he bounced around in relationships a lot while trying to figure out who he is and who he likes. He also had a bit of a gambling addiction that could have ending drastically different for him if not for the redeeming qualities Regina helped him find in himself.
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

Ron's bad side for me would be his gambling habits. His good side is definitely his resolve, when he sets his mind to achieve something, he does.
shamayelnur
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shamayelnur.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by shamayelnur »

I think his jumping into different relationships is a weakness of him. I feel he was still not stable to figure out what he wanted and it was a learning process. His good side was his devotion towards his friends and I loved his personality as well
Nelson Lyric
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Lyric »

Tonze wrote: 07 Nov 2020, 17:53 What is the bad side you have seen about Ron and what is his good side?
Ron, has an Epic Character! I would call him the go getter because he always gets what he desires (good side), I believe that is what lead to his uncontrollable gambling habit (bad side).
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :no-spoil:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

lavkathleen wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 02:39 Having multiple relationships throughout one's lifetime is not a bad thing.

One bad side I could think of was during his early years, he was only interested in earning money. I don't blame him at all for that. I wanted him to figure out what his passions are other than that, like a crazy ambitions that would lead him to greatness. But then again, you need to have the privilege of having money and support to do that, which he didn't have at first.

His good side that I love was his loyalty to his friends. For me, it's one of the most important virtues you should have and offer to others... and he nailed it. I love him for that.
Having multiple relationships is good or bad depending on the culture. Given the culture where the book stands in, it doesn't appear to be a bad thing.

Keeping mind on earning money is not bad. But if he planned to do it by any means, then it can become ugly
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

Having multiple relationships is good or bad depending on the culture. Given the culture where the book stands in, it doesn't appear to be a bad thing

And yes, he is persistent throughout, and it is a good quality
Sushan Ekanayake

12ultimate wrote: 10 Nov 2020, 22:41 I feel one of Ron's most positive attributes is his determination, which lets him get through all matter of situations such as being assaulted, getting divorced, and even losing a loved one. He seems unshakable save for rare occasions in the book, which makes him a truly noteworthy character.

By the same token, Ron also seems to be the type to not question things beyond a preliminary examination, which gets him into trouble. A lot of the actions he takes seem questionable or dangerous (all of the experiments with Regina are prime examples, though even his "encounter" with Sheila radiated reckless behavior), and it's possible at least a few situations and complications could've been avoided if he'd used more hindsight (his divorce, potentially).
Agreed. He is rash when making decisions and it is not once or twice that he faced the relevant bad consequences

But his quality of being persistent throughout is admirable
Sushan Ekanayake

sanjus wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 03:15 One of the good sides of Ron was that he had self-confidence and he was also able to get higher grades in school. However, his weakness on the other side is little lack of self control and indulging in gambling etc.
He was good at many things and it made him develop his self confidence. But sometimes it felt like over confidence when his rash decision making taken into consideration

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”