Cheryl's Influence on Ron

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Joseph_ngaruiya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joseph-ngaruiya.html
Latest Review: The Napoleone's heroes by Gianfranco Menghini

Re: Cheryl's Influence on Ron

Post by Joseph_ngaruiya »

Sushan wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 14:30
Nelson Lyric wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 12:42 Nature is adventurous, Cheryl's love for nature Shaped Ron without his realization. I must say Ron was positively influenced.
That is quite true. She was a nature lover, and Ron loved her. So eventually Ron turned towards nature and he loved it. All of that because of Cheryl's knowledge as well as passion towards the nature
I wouldn't attribute Ron's decisions to Cheryl. Well, Ron had a likelihood of things that stood out. He might have enjoyed the walks but his connection towards those moments is completely different from Cheryl's ambitions.
Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment.
Taiwo_Olawoye
Currently Reading: OldEarth Aram Encounter
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1femi1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Taiwo_Olawoye »

The connection is deeper than botany. Their time together being alone and surrounded by nature help to build the bond they felt for each other.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

1femi1 wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 23:43 The connection is deeper than botany. Their time together being alone and surrounded by nature help to build the bond they felt for each other.
Indeed. Ron was into maths and Cheryl was into botanical sciences was nothing to do there. What they had common was the love towards nature. Ron did not know that until Cheryl showed him that side of him. So she had a great influence on him which lasted forever
Amber_joslyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber-joslyn.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Amber_joslyn »

JGretz-7 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 21:24 I think that Cheryl's knowledge of nature drew out a side of Ron that he wasn't aware of. As the story progressed, long walks and being in nature were something that stuck with him. He used the time in nature to get in touch with himself and feel more at peace as he mulled through the issues in his life. I think she gave him one of the biggest gifts. I also appreciated that she used the book title he suggested. It shows that she also respected her time with him.
I agree! I think that Ron learned something from his time spent with Cheryl and helped hm create a bigger 'awareness' outside of himself. I think that may have helped him understand Regina's concepts.
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

Sushan wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 14:27
Swirliegirlie wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 17:13 I feel that Cheryl's way of thinking and expertise involving plants or leaves definitely impacted Ron's life and the train his thoughts would be guided on. Cheryl's different way of looking at the world was a perspective Ron hadn't previously thought about. He was very into numbers and strategies and i feel like never paid attention to the world outside around him previously.
The money targeted character of Ron was used to be fond of numbers and strategies, and he had never payed attention to outer world. Yes, it is true, Cheryl's knowledge as well as passion towards nature caused some serious changes in Ron's character
In my opinion, these changes were very positive. Cheryl had a very good influence on Ron.
Fozia RYK
Currently Reading: Scalpels Out
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Fozia RYK »

The cash focused on character of Ron was utilized to be enamored with numbers and techniques, and he had never payed consideration regarding external world. Truly, it is valid, Cheryl's information just as energy towards nature caused some genuine changes in Ron's character.
kalgaonkarsnehal
Favorite Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Favorite Book: Wish You Well
Currently Reading: Connect the Dots
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalgaonkarsnehal.html
Latest Review: Effective R.U.L.E. by satish shitut
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 15638

Post by kalgaonkarsnehal »

I liked Cheryl's influence on Ron. She gave him an opportunity to explore something new and different. As we see in the book it had a lasting effect on Ron as he was always able to keep a part of Botany and rare plants to himself, to be able to enjoy in his own way.
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” ― Isaac Asimov :techie-studyinggray: :D
Noelle770
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noelle770.html
Latest Review: The Tattered Black Book by Lexy Duck

Post by Noelle770 »

JGretz-7 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 21:24 I think that Cheryl's knowledge of nature drew out a side of Ron that he wasn't aware of. As the story progressed, long walks and being in nature were something that stuck with him. He used the time in nature to get in touch with himself and feel more at peace as he mulled through the issues in his life. I think she gave him one of the biggest gifts. I also appreciated that she used the book title he suggested. It shows that she also respected her time with him.
I totally agree. I think Cheryl's way of looking at the world, trying to notice what is unfamiliar and work from there, gave Ron a new insight into life. I do also think he became a bit more in touch with nature, which lead him to walk around more to clear his head.
Lucille27
Favorite Book: The Haunting of the Hill House
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucille27.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Lucille27 »

I am very angry with the female characters from this book, because they don't entirely fit a Manic Pixie Dream Girl Stereotype, but they try to be as such. Cheryl's case is very particular, since she does have a lot of dreams and hopes, but she seems to be there just so Ron understands happines and stability. However, I do not think we get a nice view of her as a character and she just vanishes with no more consequences. I would have liked her to be more developed as a character and to have a goal different that just to make Ron a better person. Even when he doesn't change a lot.
WardahEbrahim
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wardahebrahim.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by WardahEbrahim »

I agree with this. Sometimes all people need is a gesture of validation to become stable within themselves.
Also, we do impact people with our interests and affinity to nature is a common symbol of serenity so I appreciated that influence she had on him too.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by EReid »

I think Cheryl's love of nature was what really stuck with Ron. She taught him how to love and see the beauty of nature and taking long walks, appreciating nature, stuck with him his whole life.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
Kyhm
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyhm.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kyhm »

I think it's the experience that Cheryl shared with him. Although he was sad that Cheryl left too soon, he was also grateful for what he learned from her at the same time.
Michele H
Favorite Book: Frozen Harvest
Currently Reading: A Siblings Revenge
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michele-h.html
Latest Review: House of Dads by June Gillam
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michele H »

I think the most profound affect that Cheryl had on Ron’s life was simply that she showed him the world in a way that he had never seen it before. Buy this, I mean not only nature, but also in a sexual sense. I think he was always drawn to her for that reason, and had difficulty moving on from her without looking back.
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

I believe it's more of the experiences they shared rather than the botany. Ron's relationship with Cheryl exposed the side of him that actually loves nature which himself didn't realise until much later. At least for him to continue in the act, it shows much he loved nature, however, Cheryl's influence helped awaken that aspect of Ron's life.
Gabriella H
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: A Man Who Would Be King
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella-h.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Gabriella H »

I think his long walks with Cheryl and the attention she paid to nature and the differences in the leaves brought some calmness to his life. I also feel it helped him appreciate nature. Through the walks, he discovered a method he could use to clear his head.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”