Cheryl's Influence on Ron

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Cheryl's Influence on Ron

Post by Bertha Jackson »

Do you think Cheryl's study of leaves had a profound influence on Ron's development? How does the study of leaves fit into his life?
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
JGretz-7
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: The Formative Five
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgretz-7.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by JGretz-7 »

I think that Cheryl's knowledge of nature drew out a side of Ron that he wasn't aware of. As the story progressed, long walks and being in nature were something that stuck with him. He used the time in nature to get in touch with himself and feel more at peace as he mulled through the issues in his life. I think she gave him one of the biggest gifts. I also appreciated that she used the book title he suggested. It shows that she also respected her time with him.
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

I don't think it's botany itself that shaped him: it's the experiences he had with Cheryl that made an impact. I personally loved that relationship. The long walks they had, being surrounded by nature, living together. He also gained a new perspective through those activities with Cheryl. It's amazing.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Mvictoria
Currently Reading: Midnight Sun
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvictoria.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Mvictoria »

JGretz-7 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 21:24 I think that Cheryl's knowledge of nature drew out a side of Ron that he wasn't aware of. As the story progressed, long walks and being in nature were something that stuck with him. He used the time in nature to get in touch with himself and feel more at peace as he mulled through the issues in his life. I think she gave him one of the biggest gifts. I also appreciated that she used the book title he suggested. It shows that she also respected her time with him.
I agree with this whole heartedly! Cheryl had such a profound impact on Ron that years later, he still goes for walks in nature, something he never did before. I loved the way this relationship grew and I'll note here that I wish the beginning of Ron's relationship with Sheila was as interesting as his relationship with Cheryl. I did think the sexual relationship kind of developed out of nowhere though. I felt as though one minute they were research partners and the next they were going for a "roll in the hay"!
Devika Rajesh
Favorite Book: Void
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devika-rajesh.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
Reading Device: B076HWYMJQ

Post by Devika Rajesh »

I think more than Cheryl's knowledge in botany, it's Cheryl herself that had influenced him. Their long walks and conversations had a huge impact on his life.
ashleymarie310
Currently Reading: To All the Boys I've Loved Before
Bookshelf Size: 519

Post by ashleymarie310 »

I think it's more the experiences they shared that shaped him. Through their time together, nature became something that had a substantial impact on Ron's life, but it probably would not have been so impactful if it hadn't been preceded by the quality time he spent with Cheryl and the opportunity for him to see how her way of life could work with his way of life.
Swirliegirlie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swirliegirlie.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Swirliegirlie »

I feel that Cheryl's way of thinking and expertise involving plants or leaves definitely impacted Ron's life and the train his thoughts would be guided on. Cheryl's different way of looking at the world was a perspective Ron hadn't previously thought about. He was very into numbers and strategies and i feel like never paid attention to the world outside around him previously.
Kishor Rao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kishor-rao.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Kishor Rao »

I absolutely did not understand the tone shift when they suddenly started talking about Tom and Cheryl and I was really confused how does this story even fit in here, but later I understood that the experiences Ron had with them shaped him deeply and kept him grounded and I really liked that afterthought.
Nelson Lyric
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nelson-lyric.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
fav_author_id: 77547

Post by Nelson Lyric »

Nature is adventurous, Cheryl's love for nature Shaped Ron without his realization. I must say Ron was positively influenced.
Simplicity is the Voice of My Personality :no-spoil:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

JGretz-7 wrote: 20 Nov 2020, 21:24 I think that Cheryl's knowledge of nature drew out a side of Ron that he wasn't aware of. As the story progressed, long walks and being in nature were something that stuck with him. He used the time in nature to get in touch with himself and feel more at peace as he mulled through the issues in his life. I think she gave him one of the biggest gifts. I also appreciated that she used the book title he suggested. It shows that she also respected her time with him.
That is quite true. Cheryl brought out a part of Ron which loved the nature. And it helped him to calm himself as well. I believe that made Ron a more romantic character
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

lavkathleen wrote: 23 Nov 2020, 07:00 I don't think it's botany itself that shaped him: it's the experiences he had with Cheryl that made an impact. I personally loved that relationship. The long walks they had, being surrounded by nature, living together. He also gained a new perspective through those activities with Cheryl. It's amazing.
I too don't think that Ron was very much fond of the scientific aspect of botany. But he liked to be in the nature. Anyway Cheryl was the reason for us to see Ron's that aspect
Sushan Ekanayake

ashleymarie310 wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 10:14 I think it's more the experiences they shared that shaped him. Through their time together, nature became something that had a substantial impact on Ron's life, but it probably would not have been so impactful if it hadn't been preceded by the quality time he spent with Cheryl and the opportunity for him to see how her way of life could work with his way of life.
The way that Cheryl introduced Ron to the nature was the real reason behind him being a nature lover later. She was with him and all the romance was related to nature as they got used to have long walks and conversations in the nature
Sushan Ekanayake

Swirliegirlie wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 17:13 I feel that Cheryl's way of thinking and expertise involving plants or leaves definitely impacted Ron's life and the train his thoughts would be guided on. Cheryl's different way of looking at the world was a perspective Ron hadn't previously thought about. He was very into numbers and strategies and i feel like never paid attention to the world outside around him previously.
The money targeted character of Ron was used to be fond of numbers and strategies, and he had never payed attention to outer world. Yes, it is true, Cheryl's knowledge as well as passion towards nature caused some serious changes in Ron's character
Sushan Ekanayake

Kishor Rao wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 04:54 I absolutely did not understand the tone shift when they suddenly started talking about Tom and Cheryl and I was really confused how does this story even fit in here, but later I understood that the experiences Ron had with them shaped him deeply and kept him grounded and I really liked that afterthought.
Yes, maybe it was the author's intention to let the reader feel of those relationships as some loose ends. But when later Ron have his walks in the nature, we see the impact that the relationship with Cheryl imparted in him
Sushan Ekanayake

Nelson Lyric wrote: 30 Nov 2020, 12:42 Nature is adventurous, Cheryl's love for nature Shaped Ron without his realization. I must say Ron was positively influenced.
That is quite true. She was a nature lover, and Ron loved her. So eventually Ron turned towards nature and he loved it. All of that because of Cheryl's knowledge as well as passion towards the nature

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”