Cheryl's Influence on Ron

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Gavice Victoria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gavice-v.html
Latest Review: Where Liberty Lies by Nathaniel M Wrey

Re: Cheryl's Influence on Ron

Post by Gavice Victoria »

Ron hadn't previously considered Cheryl's alternative point of view on the world. He was particularly interested in figures and methods, and it seems like he had never previously paid attention to the environment. Cheryl help him see things from that perspective.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

I believe Cheryl's style of thinking and knowledge of plants and leaves had a significant impact on Ron's life and the course his thoughts would take. I think it is quite a normal thing to be influenced by someone you interract with.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

As time passed, I realized that Ron's interactions with them had a significant impact on him and served to keep him grounded. I really loved that addendum. When they abruptly changed the subject to Tom and Cheryl, I was very baffled as to how this narrative could possibly be relevant.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Devika Rajesh wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 00:14 I think more than Cheryl's knowledge in botany, it's Cheryl herself that had influenced him. Their long walks and conversations had a huge impact on his life.
She gave him, in my opinion, one of the best gifts. I liked how she chose the book title he offered as well. It demonstrates how much she valued their time together. Long hikes and being in nature were things that Ron remembered as the story went on. He used the time spent in the outdoors to reconnect with himself and experience greater tranquility as he thought about the problems in his life.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Devika Rajesh wrote: 29 Nov 2020, 00:14 I think more than Cheryl's knowledge in botany, it's Cheryl herself that had influenced him. Their long walks and conversations had a huge impact on his life.
Nature became something that had a significant impact on Ron's life through their time together, but it probably wouldn't have been as significant without the time he spent with Cheryl and the chance to observe how her way of life might complement his way of life.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

Gbemisola Akinremi wrote: 07 Feb 2021, 14:22 I believe it's more of the experiences they shared rather than the botany. Ron's relationship with Cheryl exposed the side of him that actually loves nature which himself didn't realise until much later. At least for him to continue in the act, it shows much he loved nature, however, Cheryl's influence helped awaken that aspect of Ron's life.
The most significant impact Cheryl had on Ron's life, in my opinion, was simply that she opened his eyes to a new way of viewing the world. I don't just mean this in a natural way; I also mean it in other ways too. I believe he was drawn to her for this reason his entire life and struggled to let go of her without looking back.
Gavice Victoria
Currently Reading:

kalgaonkarsnehal wrote: 08 Dec 2020, 02:25 I liked Cheryl's influence on Ron. She gave him an opportunity to explore something new and different. As we see in the book it had a lasting effect on Ron as he was always able to keep a part of Botany and rare plants to himself, to be able to enjoy in his own way.
Ron's attention-focused personality led him to get fixated on figures and strategies; he never gave the outside world any thought. Actually, it is true that Ron's character underwent some real modifications as a result of Cheryl's information and passion for nature.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

I believe Cheryl's knowledge of botany influenced him more than Cheryl herself. Their long walks and conversations had a significant influence on his life.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

With the experience he had with Cheryl, I do believe she influenced him. She did influence some of the decisions he made about his life, the new things he learnt and what he faced later on in his life.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

The who scenario involved Cheryl's influence on him as well as her botany knowledge. Their lengthy strolls and in-depth chats had a profound effect on Ron.
Cat pill35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cat-pill35.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Cat pill35 »

Her influence on Ron was limited to intimacy and teaching him about her research.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

I do feel that she had a big influence on Ron because he got to learn a lot more about life, not just life, but about plants as well.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I think it's more the experiences they shared that shaped him. Through their time together, nature became something that had a substantial impact on Ron's life, but it probably would not have been so impactful if it hadn't been preceded by the quality time he spent with Cheryl and the opportunity for him to see how her way of life could work with his way of life.
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

Beyond Cheryl's botanical knowledge, it is Cheryl herself who has had a profound influence on him. Their extensive strolls and discussions have significantly shaped his life.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”