Am I the only one who did not like Ron?

Use this forum to discuss the November 2020 Book of the month, "Timewise" by Robert Leet
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Re: Am I the only one who did not like Ron?

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

For me, Ron's actions and decisions were a little irritating, but he still did what needed to be done. Although he plays the protagonist, he is not required to charm everyone.
Sarah Jane Barrett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-jane-barrett.html
Latest Review: Fantys by Jeff Wunder

Post by Sarah Jane Barrett »

I cant really say i dont like Ron but i feel that he was looking for something fulfilling in his life, but he just couldnt find it. I think he really loved Cheryl. After she left his life seemed meaningless and he just put himself in his work. Who wouldn't take an opportunity of someone paying for your schooling its human nature, especially now in these hard times everybody is looking for a helping hand doesnt necessarly mean he is using professor Russo. This book basically is an example of a persons life and what you make it, the decisions made influences the outcome.
Latest Review: Fantys by Jeff Wunder
Monica Omonigho Bennymoore
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monica-omonigho-bennymoore.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Monica Omonigho Bennymoore »

I did not like Ron either. He was the main protagonist but I vote Regina Ruso as my own lead protagonist and not Ron as the action revolves around her. She owns the concept and Ron was just a pun. I dislike his complacent attitude and he hardly took anything serious. I assumed marriage would have been his escape route but he still messed up the opportunity. He actually demonstrated his lack of upbringing in a proper family setting. Poor child.
NutellaBanana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nutellabanana.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by NutellaBanana »

I actually liked Ron, he seemed like a character that needed to be placed in the right direction. He knew what he wanted and sometimes always stood his ground. I did find his character fascinating.
Mercylib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercylib.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Mercylib »

I can't say that I didn't like him, but there were some aspects of his character that I just couldn't swallow. For example, who would want to sleep in their car although they have a perfectly fine apartment at their disposal?
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

He truly embodied the qualities of genuineness and humility. Despite his lack of interest in Regina's physics lectures, he never caused offense and continued to attend them. Additionally, his generosity shone through when he selflessly gave his car to a friend without expecting anything in return. Furthermore, he willingly sacrificed a financially stable life to support his mentor and assist in matters of both career and love. These acts exemplify his remarkable character.

Return to “Discuss "Timewise" By Robert Leet”