November 2020 - Mystery/whodunit Books Help

For November 2020 we'll be reading Mystery/whodunit books.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

November 2020 - Mystery/whodunit Books Help

Post by gali »

Mystery: "usually involves a mysterious death or a crime to be solved. Often within a closed circle of suspects, each suspect is usually provided with a credible motive and a reasonable opportunity for committing the crime. Mystery fiction can also involve a supernatural mystery in which the solution does not have to be logical and even in which there is no crime involved."

whodunit: is a "complex, plot-driven variety of a detective story in which the puzzle regarding who committed the crime is the main focus. The reader or viewer is provided with the clues from which the identity of the perpetrator may be deduced before the story provides the revelation itself at its climax. The investigation is usually conducted by an eccentric, amateur, or semi-professional detective".

Reading suggestions:

Mystery
https://www.goodreads.com/genres/mystery

whodunit:
https://www.goodreads.com/shelf/show/whodunit

What will you read this month?
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I will read The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton. I loved his first book, The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “November 2020 Genre Discussion”