Overall rating and opinion of " Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Use this forum to discuss the December 2020 Book of the month, "Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
topdan30
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-topdan30.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
2024 Reading Goal: 853
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Re: Overall rating and opinion of " Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by topdan30 »

The book is really interesting as it explores science deeply. I enjoyed the book but the error in the book was a bit of a distraction. The author should have done more on editing.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

The author was very expressive in his narrative. Dare I say he was also persuasive. I found his thoughts on spiritual matters like God and the Trinity fascinating. It's a shame the book was riddled with a plethora of grammatical and structural errors. However, I found it a unique book. In my opinion, I'd give it a 3.
Barkha95
Favorite Book: Throne of Glass
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-barkha95.html
Latest Review: The Trafficking Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Barkha95 »

I would give it 4 stars.
I enjoyed this book as it made me think and ask questions. There were many things I agreed with yet many things I questioned, thought about and reasoned over. Some things I still question and a few I still have a disagreement. Overall I found the book informative and enjoyable and I learned a few things throughout. The author came from a catholic background but it relates very well to religion in general. The main point being no matter what religion or way of life, following Jesus command to love God and love one another transcends religious lines and interpretations.
CGO
Currently Reading: The Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by CGO »

I would have enjoyed this book if not for the frequent punctuation and grammatical errors. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I loved that the author presented an unbiased opinion about God and religion.
Elli H
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elli-h.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Elli H »

I thought this book was a refreshing read. It is rare to see people question what they have been taught since they were a child, let alone go through an entire journey to find some answers. I personally found the author's commitment very inspiring. I also really appreciated how he was able to keep an unbiased and logical perspective throughout the entire book.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

In my opinioion, Hunt has not done an extensive reasearch to write this book. There are no concrete evidance or sources to back up most of the points she discusses in the book. The readability of the book also effected by the grammertical errors found in the book, which one can suggest further rounds of proof reading. Hope the author looks into these aspects quite seriously and come up with better books in the future.
Florence Nalianya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-nalianya.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Florence Nalianya »

I would honestly give this book 3 out of 4 stars.As much as the book contains several grammatical errors,from my perspective,its not only about errors but the concepts being discussed by the author.He is bold enough to handle issues in the Bible in full length and that makes me contented.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

The frequent mentions in the responses to this question of the typos and errors in this book make me want to avoid reading it despite its positives. It's a shame when I writer doesn't ensure proper editing prior to publication. I feel like it undermines the point of the book as well as harms the quality of the reading experience.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

I would normally read a book describing God's nature and organized religion with an open mind. However, in this case, I just couldn't. Whatever postulations he made should have come with strong backup. Unfortunately, everything were opinions without logical backup. Secondly, the errors were too much to ignore. I rate it one out of four stars.
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

This book has a 1 out of 4 star rating and without hesitation.
I did not like it at all and I put a lot of will to read it.
Grammar mistakes, editing problems, make it material for a good editorial review. To that we add a delicate theme and not suitable for all audiences to address it.

I am also a practicing Catholic, perhaps not one of the most strict and conservative. I am in addition a student of the history faculty, which gives another perspective on the subject. But I am of the opinion that the issue of faith and its approach is always something delicate in the best of cases.
The risk of being shocking to non-practitioners, serious practitioners and other religious practices within Christianity, Judaism or Islam even faiths outside those of Abrahamic origin stand always a possibility. Which takes away the public from the book even within the church itself.

Quotations to other books can be confusing for those who have not read these works, even for those who read them to us in their original languages. This makes quotations obscure and difficult to understand out of specific context.

The main character is lost, covered by these previously detailed themes, making the book somewhat unattractive for my taste. The lack of support for their arguments takes away their strength, and the plot is still severely battered by this.
Sarrikoziol
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarrikoziol.html
Latest Review: House of Cuts by June Gillam

Post by Sarrikoziol »

I will be giving this book a two out of four stars. It definitely needs to undergo further editing as the typos were nearly unbearable. I did not go with a three simply because between the errors and the real lack of direction. It is what I truly disliked about the book. However, I did like the viewpoints discussed. Theories are always fun to read, but it was all mostly philosophy rather than substantial.
Misguided angel means bad with good intentions
Swollen Members
AkothLyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akothlyn.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by AkothLyn »

I love how the author explores this book with science and the creation. Despite the many errors i encountered, I would rate this book 3 out 4 of stars. Nice flow.
JustineSophia2
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justinesophia2.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by JustineSophia2 »

While I thought the book had many interesting pieces of storytelling and the flow of the book was well done, the grammatical errors were frustrating to continuously read throughout the book. The majority of the errors were very obvious which detracted from the quality of the book.
- The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go. —Dr. Seuss
Albaou Amira
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-albaou-amira.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Albaou Amira »

I generally love books about controversial issues especially religion. We all have opinions about the existence of God and the author made his opinion known even though not in the most easy to read way. The book would have an higher rating if not for it's lack of, or poor editing. I rate it 2 out of 4.
Kaitlin Licato
Currently Reading: Shakespeare's Guide to Parenting
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaitlin-licato.html
Latest Review: The Sylvan Horn by Robert Redinger

Post by Kaitlin Licato »

As an English teacher... the grammar and spelling errors were just too much for me. I see those all day long with my students! I don't need to read them in a book. 1 out of 4

Return to “Discuss "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.”