Does this book makes the holy bible a fraud?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2020 Book of the month, "Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Does this book makes the holy bible a fraud?

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

The author herself has a Catholic background, yet she claims that the holy bible which is presented today is but a result of various manipulations and political agendas, not the true initial message given by the supreme being.

She gives evidence about a true supreme being via quantum physics as well as philosophical teachings. As per the author, this book contains whatever the details that anyone who is intelligent enough to understand the true meaning of a religion and the world.

So, does that make this book superior to the holy bible? Or on the other hand, does this book makes the holy bible a fraud?
Luluwa79
Favorite Book: Peter and the Parachute
Currently Reading: How To Be Successful
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luluwa79.html
Latest Review: Peter and the Parachute by Nicola Ridgeway and James Manning

Post by Luluwa79 »

Well i would say, the opinion of humans about the Bible differs from each other. For me, i read, study and meditate the bible and i get the true meaning behind it, so it's not a fraud and i guess the author has her own reasons for saying it's a result of various manipulations and political agendas.
Always seek God in all your dealings and He will help you find the right path.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

Sushan wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 00:41 The author herself has a Catholic background, yet she claims that the holy bible which is presented today is but a result of various manipulations and political agendas, not the true initial message given by the supreme being.

She gives evidence about a true supreme being via quantum physics as well as philosophical teachings. As per the author, this book contains whatever the details that anyone who is intelligent enough to understand the true meaning of a religion and the world.

So, does that make this book superior to the holy bible? Or on the other hand, does this book makes the holy bible a fraud?
I say the answer is neither! There is no book that is superior to the Bible. When read often, and studied carefully while reading, one comes to the knowledge that the Bible is indeed the inspired Word of God! I am not talking about hurriedly reading through chapters and verses, I am talking about 'studying' the meaning of each verse. I, in no way, see this book as making the Bible a fraud. I see it as one person's opinion. Great question!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Sushan Ekanayake
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now

Luluwa79 wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 03:39 Well i would say, the opinion of humans about the Bible differs from each other. For me, i read, study and meditate the bible and i get the true meaning behind it, so it's not a fraud and i guess the author has her own reasons for saying it's a result of various manipulations and political agendas.
I agree. Various people can perceive religious teachings in various levels according to thier intelligence levels. If you can take the essence from the bible, it is immaterial what is stated their superficially
Sushan Ekanayake

B Creech wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 06:03
Sushan wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 00:41 The author herself has a Catholic background, yet she claims that the holy bible which is presented today is but a result of various manipulations and political agendas, not the true initial message given by the supreme being.

I say the answer is neither! There is no book that is superior to the Bible. When read often, and studied carefully while reading, one comes to the knowledge that the Bible is indeed the inspired Word of God! I am not talking about hurriedly reading through chapters and verses, I am talking about 'studying' the meaning of each verse. I, in no way, see this book as making the Bible a fraud. I see it as one person's opinion. Great question!
What an insightful opinion. Yes, when it comes to religious scripture, just reading differs from studying it. There is the true meaning of the bible which has to be extracted by the one who reads it and then one can see what it is really about. And this book is a point of view of a mere human who have studied some scientific stuff for an extent amd the bible as well
Maddie Atkinson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: A Date with Justice
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis
fav_author_id: 84942

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

I don't think it makes the Bible a fraud because I believe the Bible is there to guide people through life and help them find answers, or allow them to seek comfort. I think that the book is questioning the core beliefs of the Church, specifically the Catholic, as they appear to be hypocritical the more you delve into its history. So rather than making the Bible a fraud, I think the book is purely questioning those who preach it and whether they are the ones who are frauds (a controversial opinion I know, but an opinion nonetheless).
"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence" - Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars)
Sushan Ekanayake

Maddie Atkinson wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 07:49 I don't think it makes the Bible a fraud because I believe the Bible is there to guide people through life and help them find answers, or allow them to seek comfort. I think that the book is questioning the core beliefs of the Church, specifically the Catholic, as they appear to be hypocritical the more you delve into its history. So rather than making the Bible a fraud, I think the book is purely questioning those who preach it and whether they are the ones who are frauds (a controversial opinion I know, but an opinion nonetheless).
That is quite true. Sorry to mention this, but there are instances in the history and even today we find that the religious institutions and some of the personnel who are responsible for the betterment and protection of the religions are corrupted. So they try to bend the biblical teachings for their personal gains and the author questions such attempts. An insightful idea 💡
Moocow1213
Currently Reading: Empath Ebook
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moocow1213.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Moocow1213 »

There is a lot of debate about whether the holy bible is a fraud, but I don't think that anyone can consider it 'a fraud' even if they're coming from a science standpoint, only because the holy bible is still important in terms of the way it's shaped religion, beleifs and thoughts on the past. The idea of the Holy Bible has created debate. I think that everyone has different opinions, and coming from a spiritual/scientific standpoint, I do believe that the Holy Bible is not a fraud.
It's another debate about whether another book could be considered more superior over it, as this depends on how this book has shaped views and history.
Student, book obsessed and a spiritual individual
'Trust the process'
Maddie Atkinson
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: A Date with Justice
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis
fav_author_id: 84942

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

Sushan wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 09:24
Maddie Atkinson wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 07:49 I don't think it makes the Bible a fraud because I believe the Bible is there to guide people through life and help them find answers, or allow them to seek comfort. I think that the book is questioning the core beliefs of the Church, specifically the Catholic, as they appear to be hypocritical the more you delve into its history. So rather than making the Bible a fraud, I think the book is purely questioning those who preach it and whether they are the ones who are frauds (a controversial opinion I know, but an opinion nonetheless).
That is quite true. Sorry to mention this, but there are instances in the history and even today we find that the religious institutions and some of the personnel who are responsible for the betterment and protection of the religions are corrupted. So they try to bend the biblical teachings for their personal gains and the author questions such attempts. An insightful idea 💡
I entirely agree. A lot of people in the Church manipulate biblical teachings for their own gains, like the verse on homosexuality being about paedophilia, but it was paid to be translated wrong to fit the American agenda at the time of homosexuality being unnatural. I think it is very interesting that the author has questioned such manipulations!
"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence" - Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars)
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: Life at the Precipice
Bookshelf Size: 755
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Bertha Jackson »

I believe everyone who reads the Bible comes away with a different take on it. The Bible is what we perceive it to be and that is what it means to us individually. I don't think the author thinks it is a fraud; he just does not believe everyone interpreted it correctly.
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Sushan Ekanayake

Moocow1213 wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 10:18 There is a lot of debate about whether the holy bible is a fraud, but I don't think that anyone can consider it 'a fraud' even if they're coming from a science standpoint, only because the holy bible is still important in terms of the way it's shaped religion, beleifs and thoughts on the past. The idea of the Holy Bible has created debate. I think that everyone has different opinions, and coming from a spiritual/scientific standpoint, I do believe that the Holy Bible is not a fraud.
It's another debate about whether another book could be considered more superior over it, as this depends on how this book has shaped views and history.
Anyone can have their personal opinions and debates inside their heads regarding holy scripture such as the bible. Many critics state the facts that the bible has been manipulated by the corrupted politicians and priests so some of the details included are unreliable. Yet when it comes to personal matters, what is important is the use of the bible in the individual level to shape their lives and clean their souls
monicamu
Currently Reading: Wings Over Ghost Creek
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monicamu.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by monicamu »

Let's not forget that the bible in its original form was lost to us hundreds of years ago. Since then, every copy and every translation has presented an opportunity for re-interpretation. Those who performed this task were only human and it would have been impossible to avoid such interpretations, however small. What we have today is the cumulative effect of all this and, even now, we have several different versions in circulation. Does this make it a fraud? I think not.
Does this mean we should all believe every word in the way it's presented in the copy available without thinking and questioning? Absolutely not.
I would hope that this book prompts a little more thought and a little less blind acceptance or judgment.
Sushan Ekanayake

Maddie Atkinson wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 15:40
Sushan wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 09:24
I entirely agree. A lot of people in the Church manipulate biblical teachings for their own gains, like the verse on homosexuality being about paedophilia, but it was paid to be translated wrong to fit the American agenda at the time of homosexuality being unnatural. I think it is very interesting that the author has questioned such manipulations!
I don't have much knowledge about the bible but I think there are many such manipulations have been occurred. This book lets the reader to open their eyes and see the whole picture and to know the actual truth
Sushan Ekanayake

Bertha Jackson wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 18:46 I believe everyone who reads the Bible comes away with a different take on it. The Bible is what we perceive it to be and that is what it means to us individually. I don't think the author thinks it is a fraud; he just does not believe everyone interpreted it correctly.
That is quite acceptable. Bible does not mean the same thing to everyone. Some might take just the word value and some might see the deep meaning. So everyone can have their own interpretations, and the sad thing is that some corrupted people have wrongly interpreted the bible and taught others those wrong things
Sushan Ekanayake

monicamu wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 23:49 Let's not forget that the bible in its original form was lost to us hundreds of years ago. Since then, every copy and every translation has presented an opportunity for re-interpretation. Those who performed this task were only human and it would have been impossible to avoid such interpretations, however small. What we have today is the cumulative effect of all this and, even now, we have several different versions in circulation. Does this make it a fraud? I think not.
Does this mean we should all believe every word in the way it's presented in the copy available without thinking and questioning? Absolutely not.
I would hope that this book prompts a little more thought and a little less blind acceptance or judgment.
That is true. Today the initial version of the bible is nowhere to be found and the later versions have been changed numerous times by various people. So one should be cautious when reading any version of the bible. But that does not mean that one should be hurried to completely deny it

Return to “Discuss "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.”