What is the author's true intention behind writing this book? Is it to prove that the God is true?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2020 Book of the month, "Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
CGO
Currently Reading: The Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cgo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Re: What is the author's true intention behind writing this book? Is it to prove that the God is true?

Post by CGO »

I think the author intended to share his opinion gotten from his research on God and religion and to let the readers come to their various conclusions.
Dayodiola
Favorite Book: King of thots
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dayodiola.html
Latest Review: Unchecked capitalism is killing us! by Earl Rynerson
Reading Device: Adobe

Post by Dayodiola »

The author made readers infer from the possibilities he has constructed. Anyway, he tried to explain scientifically there is the presence of a supernatural being that controls all.
Chizioboli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chizioboli.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is Not What You Think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Chizioboli »

I read this book from Amazon and I can tell you that the author's main aim in this book is to convince the reader on the existence of a supreme one God. Look art his descriptive analysis using science. An atheist wouldn't do that rather, his profession would be enough basis to defend the non existence of God.
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

I think that his intention is obvious. He has fouwa way to prove the presence of a God scientifically and now he is trying to convey that message to the world and convince the others to believe in a God
Sithmi
Currently Reading: Honest Endings
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sithmi.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Sithmi »

I think he author uses her knowledge regarding quantum physics and other philosophical studies see the true meaning of the religious teachings and not to prove any belief right or wrong.
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I never thought of it that way! I guess it's a possibility, but if that's the case, it seems to be gone about in a rather mixed and jumbled fashion. For some reason, I'm thinking of how children (and some adults) have something very definite in mind and then, all of a sudden, they end up on all these other tangents. Or, there was a Facebook thing that went around talking about how someone started to get something out of the cupboard, then they noticed that the trash was full and then brought the garbage out, then they had to clean the outside of the trash can, then they realized they needed new dishrags, then they started to make a shopping list, etc., and eventually ended up sitting on the floor, surrounded by old family photos and reminiscing, never having accomplished what they originally intended to do. Or, when you go to the store for milk and get everything EXCEPT milk! A lot of people do that last one. So, in that sense, it would make sense.
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

I think the author established a fact that there is a supernatural being in existence. However, the author left the choice open to any one to choose who his or her supreme being is or should be.
Njatha77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njatha77.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Njatha77 »

I think it would be to elicit contemplation of our understanding of the Bible and God. Personally, I've found this sort of discourse lead to a better, grander understanding than what faith-based belief offers.
"Difficulty keeps it interesting!"
Gandhi_D 1st
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gandhi-d-1st.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Gandhi_D 1st »

Sushan wrote: 01 Dec 2020, 00:43 It is true that the author has provided many scientific and philosophical details and has let the reader to go for his/her own conclusions, rather than trying to prove anything that the author believes as true or false.

But when the essence of the book is taken into consideration, I feel like that the author's true intention has been to prove that the presence of God (or a supreme being) is true.

What do you think about that? Do you agree with me?

I feel he just intends to share his opinion on how he feels about religious issues.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

Dr. Hunt is a medical doctor who seems to have been hurt by overzealous practitioners of religion and has since, in his cynicism, developed his own ideas and opinions about who God is. I think he does believe in a god but he has taken his beliefs from fragments of things that others believe to be true and what he wants to be true; he has created his own god.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Discuss "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.”