Shouldn't this book be unbiased?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2020 Book of the month, "Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
natasha juhl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Shouldn't this book be unbiased?

Post by natasha juhl »

It could provide a unique perspective if this book was unbiased, however usually when it comes to religion there are not many ways to keep it out of the personal realm as well. Having his own commentary makes it more real and when he is trying to convince us of his religious view through the use of science, this is very compelling. Most of the reason I believe in my own religion is due to the personal stories and commentary from people I love and trust. Religion is not always about impartial and unbiased perspectives. If that is how you wish to learn about it, that can also be helpful as well.
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.” – Lemony Snicket
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

It definitely may not have been the right approach as humans tend to get stuck up accepting your idea when you first try to invalidate theirs. Universal acceptance may have been hindered.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

I feel that being unbiased in this case would be hard as he came to these conclusions by not only life experiences, but also by what he has learned. To come to a conclusion by ones experiences instead of a scientific experiment or study that you are not involved in makes bias almost certain.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Discuss "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.”