Do you think the author did justice to the questions he had raised?

Use this forum to discuss the December 2020 Book of the month, "Wilderness Cry: A Scientific and Philosophical Approach to Understanding God and the Universe" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.
Odette Chace
Favorite Book: The History of Love
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 576
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odette-chace.html
Latest Review: Everyday Pocket Poetry by LoAnn Twedt

Re: Do you think the author did justice to the questions he had raised?

Post by Odette Chace »

I thought Hunt explained his opinion on Jesus's divinity or lack thereof well, and there were a few other points where he made his opinion clear. However, I took the whole book with a grain of salt. Hunt seems to be allergic to the use of direct quotes, so it was hard to take him seriously.
ikemba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by ikemba »

The author fairly did justice to the questions. everything seems unfinished in a sense. but overall this is a great book. The book exposes your mind to the religious part of the christian life and its purpose was to clarify some points people might have missed out. i feel he answered these his presented questions perfectly.
Njatha77
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njatha77.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Njatha77 »

Yes, I completely agree with much of the author's analysis. However, this is a huge topic, with many different interpretations that cannot be sufficiently answered in a single book. I like the fact that it opens up a new field of thought that would allow people to evaluate their understanding of the Bible without flinching.
"Difficulty keeps it interesting!"
BOOKNERD254
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booknerd254.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by BOOKNERD254 »

I think the author did not answer the questions as best as he could. Some of the answers were lacking in depth although they weren't biased: he tried.
Jen Kenkyo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jen-kenkyo.html
Latest Review: Wilderness Cry by Hilary L Hunt M.D.

Post by Jen Kenkyo »

I think the author created more questions than answers. A questioning mind is good especially when dealing with religion. The author raised valid points about the church, but his life outside of the church seems so confusing. I think it was the way he explained it and how he planted an idea in your head without giving you reasons why this should be an idea in your head
Medhansh Bhardwaj
Currently Reading: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-medhansh-bhardwaj.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White’s SUB SNIPS by Laura Moss White

Post by Medhansh Bhardwaj »

I think the author has done justice with the questions he raised. He explained his points with quantum physics and philosophy, which was a very unique and awesome approach to this topic. He has used sufficient elaborations to prove his theories and concepts, so he did a pretty good job.
Fajarr
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fajarr.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by Fajarr »

He gave the reasons with logic to explain the Big Bang theory. He proved the existence of God by his arguments. He gave a contrast between human beings and other creatures present in the world. In short he has explained all questions in a good manner.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Discuss "Wilderness Cry" by Hilary L Hunt M.D.”