Overall rating and opinion of "The Vanished" by Pejay Bradley

Use this forum to discuss the January 2021 Book of the month, "The Vanished" by Pejay Bradley
Lomyders
Currently Reading: Multiple streams of internet income
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lomyders.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "The Vanished" by Pejay Bradley

Post by Lomyders »

A interesting read, telling the history of Korea as of the 20th century; bringing to light the people's culture and heritage, and showcasing the doggedness of the people's resolve against oppression from the enemy. The author however missed it as a lot of issues raised in the story were not exhaustively treated. I rate The Vanished by Pejay Bradley 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend for lovers of historical stories.
Shridhar Suryawanshi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shridhar-suryawanshi.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Shridhar Suryawanshi »

I loved the title of the book. That's what really encouraged me to read it (and I'm glad it did). The Vanished by Pejay Bradley was an amazing book. I loved to read about Korean culture. The setting and the characters were fascinating to read about. So, I give the rating 4 out of 4 stars.
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

Absolutley amazing overall , but it did give me some creeps when i read it at night !! It wasn't quite what i was expecting because a friend recommened it to me to read as it was to scary for her to read and it wasn't quite the way she described it .The end had to be my favourite part because thats when it was all revealed about the missing people in the woods . I would definetly recommened it to people who like creepy things that give you alot of suspence , but i won't tell you any more incase it gives it away but its definetley not what you think it is
Obi Egbuniwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obi-egbuniwe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Obi Egbuniwe »

I would rate this book a solid 3 out of 4. It's was such a new setting and exposition for me. I love historical fiction. The portrayal of antique societal norms and the far-reaching effects of marginalization across social classes was refreshing and educative. The writing style was both intimate and wide in scope. The narrative was character driven and the approach was quite personal. The grammar errors detracted a bit but not too much. A solid read.
Ekuma Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekuma-blessing.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekuma Blessing »

I like reading historical fiction. Since history is my favorite genre, I believe that the fact that this book is about international relations, Korean society, and historical events contributed to how much I enjoyed it. I eagerly anticipate buying this book and urge everyone to do the same.
Dianë Godwill
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dian-godwill.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Dianë Godwill »

I have begun this book under the promise of it being good historical fiction, and I am liking it so far. the characters are indeed very well described, and even though it frustrates me the lack of independent women in this narration, and can understand it was because of the dictatorship at the time. it is my very first time reading a book explaining conflicts between Korea and Japan. In fact, as far as I knew they had been friends in all history of existence.

Return to “Discuss "The Vanished" by Pejay Bradley”