Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah

Post by lavkathleen »

UncleP wrote: 23 Feb 2021, 04:59 I will rate the book 4 out of 4 stars over and over again. The book has taught me a lot about life in general. His lifestyle acted like a manual and I really valued the writing and publishing of this book. There was nothing i disliked from the book. His whole life compensated and the time spent on the book was worth reading.
It's interesting that it looked like a manual to you. When I finished reading the book, I felt like my perspective of the world changed permanently, and I'll assume the same thing happened to you. The book bored me for a significant amount of time, though, but I agree that his recounts of his life compensated.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
lavkathleen
Favorite Author: Adam Guest
Currently Reading: Weeper
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavkathleen.html
Latest Review: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech by Marcel Sahade
fav_author_id: 188841

Post by lavkathleen »

cjl1995 wrote: 25 Feb 2021, 00:34 I enjoyed reading Dream For Peace, for the most part. I do not usually like to read biographies because they tend to make me bored and I find them tedious. But this book almost overwhelmed me with the amount he accomplished in his life. Dr. Ghoulem always strived towards peace and equality and I found that very inspiring. His life sort of reminds me of Nelson Mendela's. I would rate it as 4 out of 4 stars
Right? And it's amazing how he even met Nelson Mendela himself. It's amazing that he's met a lot of extremely famous people of politics! This is the first time I've read a biography, too, and it makes me want to read more. I'll be careful to choose the good ones, though, because I don't want to get bored and end up not getting its worth.
Kathleen Lavador
pronouns: she/they

“Don't worry, honey. I'll keep the home fires burning.” — Gideon Nav, Harrow the Ninth (Tamsyn Muir)
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

Honestly, this was a pretty inspirational book. I enjoyed learning about his struggles, passions, and life.
Brainiac140
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brainiac140.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

Post by Brainiac140 »

I think that this is the best biography have ever read. I actually find reading biographies boring, but I think the author with his exaggerations, caught my attention.
I actually rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. I don't think life can be that very perfect.
Jennifer Aldo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-aldo.html
Latest Review: War Tower by Joseph Leo DeCelle

Post by Jennifer Aldo »

I really enjoyed this book and would rate it a 4 out of 4 stars. It deserves this and more as it was very inspiring. The challenges he faced and conquered was very interesting to read about, and he wrote about them with the flair only associated with good writers.
Leroy2017
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leroy2017.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Leroy2017 »

A dream for peace is quit a good memoir, I like the fact that he advocates for peace and equality in his generation. There's nothing to dislike in particular. I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get inspired.
TempleOz123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-templeoz123.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by TempleOz123 »

I enjoyed this book a great deal, mostly because of the passionate activitism of Dr. Berrah. It was interesting to see how deeply he cared about equality, and everything he went through as a freedom fighter. If you like biographies, this is for you. If you don't, I'd still strongly suggest you grab a copy.
Alice Ngugi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-ngugi.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Alice Ngugi »

This is an exceptional book that has family as it's core. I love how the author is proud of his family, and manages to thrive through life. I rate it 4 out 4 stars.
Chiagbanwe Almond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiagbanwe-almond.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Chiagbanwe Almond »

I found the book very inspiring, insightful and thoughtful. It is really strengthening that the author found the courage to share his life experiences in a very encouraging manner. Most biographies are usually uninteresting and monotonous, but this one is not. A 4 out of 4 stars.
Marcel Cantu
Currently Reading: Under Another Sun
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marcel-cantu.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth's Garden by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Post by Marcel Cantu »

I love memoirs and this book was a 4 out of 4 for me. It was absolutely fascinating to learn about the life this man had and the events he encountered.
ReaderAisha2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readeraisha2020.html
Latest Review: Your Adventurous Life Awaits by Maryann Remsberg and Brian Remsberg

Post by ReaderAisha2020 »

I found the book inspiring and useful. Perhaps my perspective is slightly different, but I thought that as a Muslim and Arab it is interesting and good that he writes about his call to peace, as well as that he relates it to his religion and religious teachings. People who knew that there are people like him wanting world peace may not be so fast to call Muslims and Arabs terrorists, which they are stereotyped to be.

I also found it interesting and inspiring that he looked for this peace not only in the world but within his family. It was nice that after marrying he tried to make good relations with his inlaws and he succeeded. Maybe this is seen as something not important, but I thought it was because our family are the most important people
to us. It would be strange for someone to go and try to bring pea e in the world when they can't do it with their inlaws.

The fact that he did many things from love and emphasised the importance of being true to what and who we love were important lessons we could learn and other people can take from the book. Most people are not willing to use in the effort or time for those they love, yet he made that effort
Celdor Rhoalia
Currently Reading: The Outsideres
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-celdor-rhoalia.html
Latest Review: The World of Ato by Patrick Borosky

Post by Celdor Rhoalia »

Dream For Peace is a very inspiring book as Dr Ghoulem's biography does well to convey his views across to the readers and his want for peace all though he does well while describing the stories in his life, it can at times feel slow but overall the book is well done and I would recommend it to others.
D reviewer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by D reviewer »

A Dream for Peace is a very good and inspiring story. I love the relentless quest for equality and unity in this tale. The love and affection for family depicted in this book are worthy of emulation. It's easy to recommend this book to everyone
Vivian Jabeya
Favorite Book: Tales of the Seventies
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-jabeya.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Vivian Jabeya »

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is not only inspiring but also intriguing. I would recommend it to people who love reading biographies.
TheMazeRunner
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themazerunner.html
Latest Review: Lady of the Play by Deena Lindstedt

Post by TheMazeRunner »

I am not a fan of biographies, but this work caught my eye. I love that the author presented his life and harmony in the family all together with a mix of actual life.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”