What was his secret of his successful marriage life?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Oluchii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ne-thewriter.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: What was his secret of his successful marriage life?

Post by Oluchii »

I think love, respect and communication are key factors to having a successful marriage.
Versaty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-versaty.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Versaty »

What I attributed to his success in his family life despite his professional engagements is in his good mindset which is characterized by open-mindedness and acceptance of people irrespective some cultural differences
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

I would say it was love and understanding.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

Though the author respected woman, but I think the secret of every successful marriage is understand, trust and love. With this your marriage is unbreakable.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

In my opinion, I do not think there's any specific secrets. What I think is that the level of commitment between the partners involved helps the marriage to prosper. There's be pitfalls, but the perseverance of the male and female will keep them going.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

When it comes to personal life, the human mind or behavior is a very sensitive thing. Maintaining a work-life balance is difficult, especially for diplomats. For the protection of one's family, one needs to set aside some time to reflect. A good illustration of it is the memoir. It's interesting to read about the author's life. His personal experience shows how business and family can coexist.
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I think his loving, caring and understanding nature is part of the reasons why he had a successful marriage. Aside from being hardworking, he was capable of showing his wife that he loved her despite their inability to have children.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

They had already gone through a lot even before getting married. They were both mature and knew what they were getting into. They communicated, respected, toleranted, and loved each other unconditionally. This is the hard recipe for success.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I don’t think there’s any particular secret. From the author’s book, one could tell the type of person he is. The best secret of a successful marriage is commitment, care, communication, and understanding. There will always be troubles.
Bef Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bef-ozo.html
Latest Review: Ditching Success? by Batoul I. Ajlouni

Post by Bef Ozo »

The secret is obvious. He carried her along and did not keep her in the dark. His actions and decisions were made know to her.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iam-ama.html
Latest Review: The Curse of Northam Bay by Keith F Girard

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

The ability to communicate is the key to every successful marriage. Also, not letting your work life affect your family life is important. The best course of action is to avoid bringing your personal life into that when things go difficult at work. He was still able to effectively cling onto a happy marriage by keeping these apart.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

Their marriage's other secret was love. They respected and liked one another. In the relationship, everyone had a voice. Dr. Berrah and his wife collaborated rather than competing with one another. Despite the fact that they practiced different religions, they respected one another by not interfering with one another's practices.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

Betty Gitonga wrote: 17 Feb 2021, 07:49 Love, the kind of passionate love which knows no time or distance. Mutual respect for each other, as well.
Titi was his third wife. He had learned some things from the experiences of his first two failed marriages. Both Dr. Berrah and Titi were deeply spiritual people, dedicated to following the beliefs they held. This guided them to be mutually loving and understanding. I think that by his third marriage he learned that his wife had to go with him on every trip.
Amandaruth Ama
Currently Reading:

Post by Amandaruth Ama »

OBC Reviewer wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 21:26 He respected women. With his religious beliefs and also his relationship with his mom led him to respect women. So definitely he had respected his wife as well as loved her. So, even he had a busy life with all of his diplomatic work, I think that his wife felt being loved and cherished by her husband. That could have been the reason for their long term marital relationship
I believe the key was the respect they both had for one another. This resulted in maturity, comprehension, and compassion. In a marriage, it always takes two. Yes, there was love, but that wasn't enough to make it work.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I will say Dr Berrah mmaried someone who understood his dreams and aspiration and was willing to align with them and support him to achieve them. That was actually the secret.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”