What was his secret of his successful marriage life?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
wendylyn geonzon
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: What was his secret of his successful marriage life?

Post by wendylyn geonzon »

The Keys to a Successful Marriage
When you're caught up in the excitement of your wedding, it can be hard to imagine that you and your spouse might not live happily ever after. But sharing your life with another person can be a challenge, especially if you don’t have a lot of experience with relationships. Marriages take work, commitment, and love, but they also need respect to be truly happy and successful.

A marriage based on love and respect doesn't just happen. Both spouses have to do their part. Below are some important keys to work on each day to make your marriage successful.
Vandana Garg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vandana-garg.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Vandana Garg »

I think in his case, the reason for his successful marriage is the mutual respect and love he had for his wife. When both the people are understanding and share the same goals, they are supposed to last longer in marriage.
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
Kehinde Hussein
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kehinde-hussein.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Kehinde Hussein »

The secret is nothing but undying love and always wanting to make their relationship work. Despite that Dr. Berrah's wife's parents didn't consent to their marriage at first, he still loved her unconditionally. Also understanding plays another important role in their marriage. Despite being from different religions, they learnt to coexist with each other peacefully because they were both understanding and respected each other’s different values.
Themmie10
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-themmie10.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Themmie10 »

I don't think there's any particular secret. We are all different from each other, the method that worked in Dr Berrah’s marriage might not work for another person. What I'll say is we all have to study our spouses, know their dos and don'ts, then manoeuvre our ways around it.

We should not forget the best recipe for a good relationship though -communication, friendship, love and trust.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

If we look at how he so much love his mother, we will see that the absence of his mother made him transfer and also seek affection from his wife. His wife could sense it because the affection would be natural.

Therefore, the wife is confident in him, as she also appreciate this sign of true love in him at those few times his is around her
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 308
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

I think it was just simple for them, especially when they had love and commitment. I mean, they even got married without his wife's family's permission. So i think it's because they were really committed to each other.
Andrada Madalina
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrada-madalina.html
Latest Review: The Butterfly Cage by Rachel Zemach
Reading Device: B014LQ6EKI

Post by Andrada Madalina »

I think that the secret of his successful marriage life was devotion and mutual love. Dr. Berrah and Tity respected each other and had the same convictions and religious beliefs. Also, the faith in one unique God made their connection even stronger.
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Post by Shillah Andeso »

I think every relationship has its challenges. Understanding one another, forgiving, and talking over issues with one another is the key to long-lasting relationships. I think this is what Dr. Ghoul em Berrah did.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

Sushan wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 20:38
Maddie Atkinson wrote: 10 Feb 2021, 10:41 I think love. Real, raw heartfelt love. The kind that is hard to truly finds, but once it is found, you should never let go.
Maybe it is purely the heartfelt love that kept them together. But as per my opinion, only love can't keep a marriage for such a long time. When you become more mature, understanding becomes the thing that matters more. I think they both had a good understanding for each other and also his wife might have been a great support for his personal life. So he might have felt comfo3rtable to be with her and do his job comfortably. I think that is the reason for their life long marriage life
I totally agree with you! You have sum it up all. Understanddding of each other is an important asset to fighting each other's differences and live comfortably together.

And this is what Gholem has got that made her marriage last
Rex Rexy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rex-rexy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rex Rexy »

I personally think that he had genuine love and passion for his wife. I also think he struck a balance between family life and professional life and never neglected his family. When you discover that he really fought to marry his wife, you would understand the love that kept them together.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

It is not easy to balance ones professional life with personal life in such a difficult time. But I think with determination one can achieve what he sets his mind to. You can't be fighting for peace in the world without having peace in your personal and family life. Also getting married to a very understanding and supportive woman can also be the reason for their successful marriage.
Sumto Nii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sumto-nii.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Sumto Nii »

I think unconditional love and commitment to his wife was the secret. The passion he had for his wife was second to none.
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

I think love made them stay together, Dr Ghoulem in the epilogue talked about peace among all mankind irrespective of their religion.
IgnisRhapsody
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ignisrhapsody.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by IgnisRhapsody »

I think that for a relationship to work, both must share the same values. They don't need to act the same, or do the same things, just have their minds focused in the same direction. Because that will help them stay together through good times and bad.
third agbata
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-third-agbata.html
Latest Review: The Ant Called Tiny by Miles Phillip Lewis

Post by third agbata »

I think it is communication. The communication they always maintained, I think helped their marriage bond to be strong.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”