What was his secret of his successful marriage life?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Jane Ogwang
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-ogwang.html
Latest Review: Dr. Marsha and the Case of the Missing Marshmallows and Hotdogs by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Re: What was his secret of his successful marriage life?

Post by Jane Ogwang »

I do not think his first marriage was a success. The second one prospered probably because of the love and respect he had for his wife.
Agbata Trust
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agbata-trust.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Agbata Trust »

I would say his selfless love. Reading about how he handled alot of issue regarding the independence I could tell that Dr. Ghoulem would be successful in keeping relationship due to how selfless he was.
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Prodigy5 »

I think understanding played a huge role in their marriage, I also think that his wife is a very supportive woman who also helped in making the marriage successful.
Christiana Legbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana-legbara.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Christiana Legbara »

I think credit for this should particularly go to his wife. She was very supportive
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

He valued females. He learned to respect women through his religious convictions, his mother, and his relationship with them. He had therefore undoubtedly loved and respected his wife. Due to his extensive diplomatic activity, he led a hectic life, yet despite this, I believe that his wife felt loved and treasured by her husband. They might have remained married for a long time because of that.
Sochi Lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sochi-lib.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Sochi Lib »

He respected women. With his religious beliefs and also his relationship with his mom led him to respect women. So definitely he had respected his wife as well as loved her. So, even he had a busy life with all of his diplomatic work, I think that his wife felt being loved and cherished by her husband. That could have been the reason for their long term marital relationship
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

In my opinion, there isn't a specific formula or hidden secret to a successful marriage. Marriage is undoubtedly challenging, filled with potential difficulties, and individuals do their best to navigate through them. In the case of Dr. Berrah, it appears that his loving and compassionate nature towards his wife, coupled with the utmost respect he shows her, plays a significant role in their relationship's strength. Additionally, the positive relationship he shares with his mother could potentially contribute to his overall approach to interpersonal connections, including his marriage.
Clark Pacino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clark-pacino.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Clark Pacino »

I think there is no particular secret. I think marriage is hard and full of pitfalls and people do what they can.
In Dr Berrah's case, he seems like a very outwardly loving and compassionate individual to his wife and treats her respectfully and I would think that this would be a huge advantage. It is also great that his mother and he have a great relationship, so this might help in many way.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”