What is your favorite quote from "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" ? And why ?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Shillah Andeso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 118
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shillah-andeso.html
Latest Review: On the wings of a prayer by Kola Kupoluyi

Re: What is your favorite quote from "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" ? And why ?

Post by Shillah Andeso »

"As you can see, the scars are healing well." I loved this quote since it is very relatable. Everyone has scars and the way they heal is very different.
Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olomofe.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Olomofe »

I love all of the quotes in this book. But the first one I saw grab me and I kept poundering on it daily. “secularism does not imply ignorance of religious faith, much less the persecution of those who have a sensitive conscience to what the existence of divine laws dictates in the process of offering a moral compass to the personal or social actions of each individual.”

I cherishd this quote and I see understandding in it
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

This was my favorite quote
But the wealthy nations must understand that we refuse to let ourselves bleed to death while they sit back nonchalantly and enrich themselves on our backs.”
I will definitely include is quote on any speech I will be giving in my country oneday
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

Arimart99 wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 22:49 My favorite quote is the ending. "The attributes that define me are faith, honor, duty, love, justice, peace, and dialogue. These are characteristics that can move mountains. While we are still sailing in a common vessel known as planet Earth, I believe in my heart that I have accomplished my life’s mission. I can now sense that the time has come for me to get ready to disembark and go to meet my Creator." I felt like this was a perfect way of ending the book, and I was also in awe at the fact that he felt like he accomplished his life's mission. There must be very few people in the world who feel that way before dying.
Exactly what I had in mind. This particular quote hit me really hard, and mad me begin to ponder if I have those attributes.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

justhereader wrote: 04 Feb 2021, 05:04 This is the most powerful quote for me, one that encapsulates the author’s compassion and conviction for the developing nations: “We the people of the Third World neither feel the need, nor harbor a desire in all honesty, to switch places with the wealthy nations. We do not wish to see them become impoverished while we become rich. But the wealthy nations must understand that we refuse to let ourselves bleed to death while they sit back nonchalantly and enrich themselves on our backs.”
This quote really got me.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

“First and foremost, there are several segregated zones all over my country with posted signs explicitly forbidding access to Arabs and dogs.”

This was what a young Dr. Ghoulem grew up to. He could have been angry yet he choose the path of peace.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

"...But the wealthy nations must understand that we refuse to let ourselves bleed to death while they sit back nonchalantly and enrich themselves on our backs.” This quote got me thinking of the injustice on Africans in the past and even present.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

I love most of the quotes but I must say that I didn't pick note of the one I liked most. All the quotes were totally inspiring. I must commend the author for this.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

“I dream of the day when I can give a bowl of rice to each citizen of China before they go to sleep.”
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

My favorite quote from the book is "I wouldn't be who I am if it weren't for her." This quote reminds me of my mother and all she has done for me.
Roderick Voss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roderick-voss.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Roderick Voss »

“I dream of the day when I can give a bowl of rice to each citizen of China before they go to sleep.” was my favorite quote from the book.
Jay_shon03
Favorite Book: Butterfly Awakens
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-shon03.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Jay_shon03 »

"My convictions and beliefs are essential to my sense of purpose and loyalty to the Almighty. Endowed with these principles, my commitment extended beyond the personal to the needs of the faithful who sought to pray in a safe haven" is my favorite quote because it is a true reflection of the author's commitment towards the interest of others.
Success Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Success Azuka »

My favourite quote was the quote where he mention things that define him. I admire the self-esteem and convinction
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

My favorite quote is "We the people of the Third World neither feel the need, nor harbor a desire in all honesty, to switch places with the wealthy nations. We do not wish to see them become impoverished while we become rich. But the wealthy nations must understand that we refuse to let ourselves bleed to death while they sit back nonchalantly and enrich themselves on our backs.”
Christiana Legbara
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christiana-legbara.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Christiana Legbara »

Bertha Jackson wrote: 05 Feb 2021, 18:08 “I dream of the day when I can give a bowl of rice to each citizen of China before they go to sleep.” This is my favorite quote because I immediately thought if we could do this for every individual in the world no one would ever go to bed hungry. There are enough rich people in the world who could do this and never feel it in their pockets. Rice is cheap.
This was my favorite quote as well. It has deep meaning for me. No one should ever have to go to bed hungry

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”