Mother/Son relationship

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Chukwuemeka Ezema
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chukwuemeka-ezema.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Re: Mother/Son relationship

Post by Chukwuemeka Ezema »

The author's relationship with his mother was beautiful. Yes, he was writing his own story and it isn't really necessary to add his siblings. The way he wrote about his mother, I feel like she treated him and his siblings the same.
Charles lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-lib.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Charles lib »

For me, mother's has this sepical bond with their children and I must say she was a good mother to her kids.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

I will not say that his relationship with his mother is too good to be true because I believe that he wrote this book from his own perspective, and the information within this book revolves around him. There's little to no details about his siblings and the affection received from their mother.
Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-okonobe-chioma-chukwuma.html
Latest Review: Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick

Post by Okonobe Chioma Chukwuma »

Most moms, I believe, adore all of their children, but some may have favorites. In my opinion, the author is attempting to connect with his readers on a personal level by describing how he felt his mother loved him.
Sarah Sonbol
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-sonbol.html
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Sarah Sonbol »

For me, I consider his relation with his mother is completely natural. He focuses on what he felt. This does not mean that his mother didn't have the same affection towards his siblings, but he just focused on his own relationship with his mom.
Latest Review: Virus 4 Peace by June
Online Concept
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezel-dornelles.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Online Concept »

I believe the author's story, because his mother adored him, it doesn't mean she didn't adore his siblings. The book is about him, so it's not out of place for him to tell us about his mother's love for him alone.
LS Daniyal
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ls-daniyal.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by LS Daniyal »

His mother was a strong pillar for him growing up, especially as his father was late. I don’t think his mother loved her other children any less, however she might have had a softer spot for him as he is an only son.

He also loved her as much as she loved him, I feel like they had a special connection, like different versions of each other, hence their understanding of each other.
Today's me is better than yesterday's me.
Mellino Itz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I agree very much with the subject under discussion. I felt the rest of his siblings were very much neglected as all attention from his mum was focused on him. I wish that author said more about his siblings as the story progressed.
E Daves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-daves.html
Latest Review: Zero the Hero! by Paul Gurgol

Post by E Daves »

I see nothing wrong with him just talking about himself and his relationship with his mother. It is memoir and you don't expect the author to include everything that happened in his family. Truthfully, the book was even too lengthy. Just imagine that he added all those details too.

In my opinion, it was okay just talking about his mother's love for himself alone.
Azuka Jessica
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Well... I don't think we need to think about it like that. The book as centered on him and as he wanted, he did not include his siblings so we can only assume. All I did know is that the author was very close with his mother and if I'm not wrong, he was her first child.
Odindi Omo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odindi-omo.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Odindi Omo »

Well, we can say for sure if she was like that with only berrah or with all his siblings. But I'm sure she knew and recognized what special child he was.
Chinenye Sus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-sus.html
Latest Review: Sister B by David Charles Hart

Post by Chinenye Sus »

A mother's love is without borders or limits. I am very sure his relationship with his mother could be exactly as he described.
Thera reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thera-reads.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Systemic Prejudice and Discrimination by J. Dawson Williams, D. Min.

Post by Thera reads »

I believe the mother-don relationship is the strongest there is.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

I think their relationship is okay just that during her death wish everything sounded weird. I must say to me their relationship wasn't cordial.
Wandaquinn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wandaquinn.html
Latest Review: In Plain Sight by Susan Mallett

Post by Wandaquinn »

I don't think the author's relationship with his mother was too good to be true. As others have pointed out, I do agree with the opinion that the author may have been a favourite. I do, however, think that despite her seeming to have a favorite, she was a good and fair mother. I'm also of the opinion that this strong relationship with his mother did play a big part in the man the author became.
“Isn’t it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?” — L. M. Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”