How admirable do you find his compassion?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Michael Jerry_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeljerry309.html
Latest Review: A Big Blue Boat by Susea Spray

Re: How admirable do you find his compassion?

Post by Michael Jerry_ »

lavkathleen wrote: 28 Feb 2021, 10:41
Michaeljerry309 wrote: 18 Feb 2021, 19:19 Very much!!! Not many people get loved the way he loves his wife. She’s certainly lucky that he loves her this much I always want to treat my girlfriend the way he treats his wife. He did inspire me to love my girlfriend more and I’m also such a fan of his relationship with his wife
This is adorable! I just read a reply about how he will inspire and influence men to be more like him so this is good to see. Also, if he was here, I think he'd say that he was the lucky one to marry someone like Titi. :lol2: I think he'd be sweet like that.
If there was a way to influence more people to love their wives/girlfriends in this same manner then I’d 100% recommend it because it’s really very necessary to treat your lover and partner in a good manner and so it gives me hope we still have good men with compassion and healthy relationship with their partners.
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Chigo Nwagboso wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 17:04 I have no doubt that he's an inspiration to me, and will be to most men. Because his love wasn't just for his wife alone, his love rubbed on everyone that comes in contact with him. I'm impressed by that gesture.
That is correct. He did not only love his close ones. He could extend his love towards all the humankind. He loved his country men. He loved the people to whom he served. He was a religious fellow who truly accepted the religious teachings and adopted his life accordingly. And seemingly that is the reason for his unconditional love towards others. This is a good as well as much needed inspiration to the money driven today's world
Sushan Ekanayake
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star

Vine001 wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 18:20 The compassion he had for his wife is very admirable. If marriages had this the divorce rate would reduce drastically.
I would rather say he was devoted to his wife and he had determination to have a good and strong marriage life. After failing twice in wedded life, seemingly he has developed this determination and devotion.

Any man can develop these qualities and can have a successful and lovely marriage life. This is an inspiration that Dr. Berrah gives to all men, and as you correctly said, if this can be adopted, definitely the devorce rates will drop down
Sushan Ekanayake

OBC Reviewer wrote: 14 Feb 2021, 21:33 His love towards his wife and tye respect that he had towards all women is something admirable. But what is inspirational for me the most is loving your job. As a diplomat he had no easy tasks. But he did all that with love and passion. For him, it was not a mere job but he kept his faith on world peace and put all the effort to make that a success
I agree. He left science and chose diplomacy. He might have felt a strong calling from his new job to nake this decision. And he did not choose it to gain anything personally, but to serve the mankind to his fullest belief in ultimate love towards the humankind.

Yes, he loved his job, and all he did, he did heartily rather than as completing a task. If everyone can learn how to love their jobs from Dr. Berrah, it will lead them only towards success
Sushan Ekanayake

Jasy95 wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 08:37 I think that his compassion was a significant driving force that helped guide his life. I definitely find it inspiring. We should all strive to be compassionate towards our partners, families, friends, and those who we enounter. I believe that a significant part of his success in his diplomatic career came from his compassionate nature.
His compassion towards the people was his main reason to leave the field of science and choose diplomacy. He served the suffering people as a diplomat not only to fulfill his duties, but also with his heart felt compassion. That might have been the reason for his spectacular success in his diplomatic missions.

The same compassion he could apply when loving his wife as well as his mother. That might have been a good reason behind his long lasted marriage, and that is a good example as well as a good inspiration to all men who are willing to have a successful wedded life
GoodLuck ES
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodluck-es.html
Latest Review: Always Before Me by John Servant

Post by GoodLuck ES »

His compassionate affection is really heartfelt. It inspires me to reach to the deepest part of my heart, for the purest form of love to show to those I will get into relationships with in the future.
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

There are a couple languages of love. The doctor practised some of them. Some people may resonate or relate with his ways of showing compassion, while others may not. Generally speaking, I think the doctor was above average. Even if one may not subscribe to his ways, at least most of us will concur that he really tried. So yes, his compassion is admirable.
Adedayo+23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adedayo-23.html
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin

Post by Adedayo+23 »

I think Dr. Berrah's compassion was very admirable indeed, certainly worth emulating. The way he lived, how freely he gave of himself to his loved ones and everyone around him was truly inspiring.
"Destiny struggles to reassert the pattern that was meant to be." ~ Lightning by Dean Koontz :tiphat:
Latest Review: Yona by Deanna Irwin
Brainiac140
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brainiac140.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

Post by Brainiac140 »

If I had shown just a little of what he has shown to his wife to my girlfriend, we won't have separated, He is compassionate. I think every man should emulate this man when it comes to love.
Goral
Currently Reading: A Brief History of Time
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goral.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Goral »

Yes, I agree with you and I do get inspired by his love and compassion. Such love is indeed rare to find, and his wife is certainly a lucky person to receive so much affection.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy books, and that's kind of the same thing
Leroy2017
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leroy2017.html
Latest Review: The Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Fallacy by H. Nattanya Andersen

Post by Leroy2017 »

It indeed inspires me, the way he treats his wife and not just her, but to every else in his sphere .
ObianujuJane
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obianujujane.html
Latest Review: The VD Anthology by Various

Post by ObianujuJane »

I found it deeply touching the way he showed devotion to his wife. Such love is needed in many relationships today but is lacking.
Loving completely is truly the best feeling and I love that about him.
Megamind136
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megamind136.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Megamind136 »

If all lovers, where to show the same level of compassion he showed to his wife. Then there won't be any reason for the high rate of divorce. I think this should be a guide to every married man out there.
Upeksha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upeksha.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Upeksha »

Of course I would like to take inspiration from him in my own life . I think he is a great example of how a husband should be.
Chiagbanwe Almond
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiagbanwe-almond.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Chiagbanwe Almond »

I think his compassion is strong. He also has strong dedication. His compassion is worthy of emulation. He slowly built the hedge of trust and respect with his wife, topping it over with compassion and a good heart. I think it also contributed to the success of his career.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”