Did you find Berrah's views of women's place in community, war, and politics to have been consistent or inconsistent?

Use this forum to discuss the February 2021 Book of the month, "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah
Prodigy5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prodigy5.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Re: Did you find Berrah's views of women's place in community, war, and politics to have been consistent or inconsistent

Post by Prodigy5 »

I feel like the honesty in this book is outstanding, and that there was a lot of growth. The author encountered different things which changed his point of view.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I wholeheartedly concur with your position. I predict that as he got older, he learned to respect women more. Perhaps the numerous wives he had and the wide variety of women he encountered along the road affected his viewpoint. Or maybe he just started taking notice of the women's achievements more.
Sochi Lib
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sochi-lib.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Sochi Lib »

Oh, it was all so confusing. It was all inconsistent, to the point where it was difficult for me to point where he stands. At that part where he visited in China, it pissed me off when he said that women's place belong at home where they should be good mothers to children. (It might be a misunderstanding, I'm not sure.) But then he salutes the women who joined the armed struggle and he wasn't too upset when his wife didn't get pregnant (at least, not on the book).
Ngozi mouau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-mouau.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ngozi mouau »

In my opinion, the contrast in the author's portrayal of women in the earlier and later chapters of the book is indicative of his personal growth. It signifies that his perspectives and attitudes towards women have evolved over time, as he has matured as an individual. The views he once held, which may have been limiting or biased, no longer define his current understanding as he has become more aware and conscious of his own personal development.
Clark Pacino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clark-pacino.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Clark Pacino »

Nah, I totally disagree with you. He just didn't meet them that much. He met more of men which is alright too. This is a very unnecessary question and it undermines Dr. Berrah as a person. It is not nice of you.

Return to “Discuss "Dream For Peace: An Ambassador Memoir" by Dr.Ghoulem Berrah”