Watership Down by Richard Adams

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fifi_eve12
Currently Reading: The Seven Deaths Of Evelyn Hardcastle
Bookshelf Size: 16

Watership Down by Richard Adams

Post by Fifi_eve12 »

Watership Down is a novel by Richard Adams that tells the story of a group of wild rabbits that embark on an journey to find a new home when they are warned of the terrible fate if they don't...

Fiver, the young runt of a litter, has a sixth sense and one day recieves a terrible vision, telling him that his home is doomed. Before long, a small band of rabbits decide to set out on an epic journey to escape from the destruction of their warren, led by Fiver's brother, Hazel.

I liked that many likeable characters were included and their personalities varied. I also enjoyed Adams' made up language called "Lapine," which was used to make interesting names and words (they were explained throughout the book.)

I found that the story was rich in detail and description but the plot definitely came together into a gripping and heartbreaking tale of survival, determination and trust.

Does anyone want to read it but have any questions? If you did read it, what did you think? What characters or names did you like? Which parts made you cry?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Five Little Pigs
Bookshelf Size: 2290
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Duplicate topic: Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Please search for existing topics prior to opening new threads and post to existing threads when available. Thank you.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)

Return to “Classic Books”