Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nevada Shriver
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nevada-shriver.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Re: Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Post by Nevada Shriver »

I find it hard to get into classics, but I read this in my senior English class, and my teacher had an amazing way of going through every chapter bit by bit and making sure we understood everything. It allowed me to relax and just enjoy the story without worrying about not understanding the 19th century language. This book has become a yearly re-read for me, and of course I love the 2005 movie adaptation!
riddhi10
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by riddhi10 »

I really enjoyed reading this book! It should definitely be on more websites so that more people can read it.
Mari Thompson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mari-thompson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Mari Thompson »

I’ve never read this book but I have heard the title a lot through the years. Does it read like Shakespeare with jumbled words or is it an easy-flowing read? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.
Sav Sparkman
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by Sav Sparkman »

Good luck with your reading! This is the first book I ever read by Jane Austen and I must say it was a wonderful introduction to her writing. It is one of my favorite books I have ever read, not just by her but any author, and I could see wanting to read it again in a few years. The main character, Elizabeth, is one of my favorite characters by far. She is relatable, kind and smart, but by no means perfect.
Andrew Darlington
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrew-darlington.html
Latest Review: Free and Fearless by Phil Moser

Post by Andrew Darlington »

Great!!!
Princewill Uchenna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-princewill-uchenna.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Princewill Uchenna »

Yes, I agree with your comments. If push came to shove, I'd say I'm a Brontë sisters fan. Perhaps because they are more down-to-earth and more believable for me than Austen's characters.

Return to “Classic Books”