Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
lettiebeth
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen

Post by lettiebeth »

This was one of my most frequently re-read books growing up. I sure hope you enjoyed it!
taylorferraro
Favorite Book: Artemis
Currently Reading: Helter Skelter
Bookshelf Size: 109

Post by taylorferraro »

I cannot believe that it took me so long to read this book. Thankfully, my aunt gave me this beautiful leather bound version of it, and I literally melted into the gold leaf pages once I began to read. Absolutely obsessed with the book and all cinema adaptations of it!
Wokeread
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wokeread.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wokeread »

I love this book and have read it several times. In addition, I have watched all the film adaptations, from movies to the series. It is such a heartfelt romance, even though the social status of women at the time was appalling!
ValerijaJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerijaj.html
Latest Review: Call Me Pomeroy by James Hanna

Post by ValerijaJ »

I enjoyed Pride and Prejudice. It was not an easy read for me, but it was worth it.
Ivana Komel
Favorite Book: A Loaf Of Bread
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivana-komel.html
Latest Review: The Turn by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ivana Komel »

This is one book that I specifically remember reading, when I was 15 years old, since it influenced me so much, that I became a librarian. Just a beautiful book with well-defined characters and an iconic writer Jane Austin. Till this day, I have probably re-read all the books from this magnificent author, three times over😁 and it still has the same positive effect on me. So enjoy reading it!!!
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Pride and prejudice is classic one of the few classics you can read and reread without getting tired of it. My favorite character was Elizabeth.
nfdoughe
Favorite Author: Frances Hodgson Burnett
Favorite Book: Till We Have Faces
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nfdoughe.html
Latest Review: Willow James and the Queen of U’i’s Crown by Jett Blackk
fav_author_id: 2591

Post by nfdoughe »

This is one of my favorite books of all time. There have been great screen adaptations for it too. I especially love the BBC version of it. There are three or four movies and they're each amazing, really true to the book.
Strangeminds
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strangeminds.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Strangeminds »

Pride and prejudice is one of my all time favourites. I read it when I was little but it is one of the few classics which I genuinely liked. The fact that Jane austen questioned the patriarchial society at a time when women had a very low position in society and the way in which she does is so amazing. The story is so captivating that you feel so close to the characters. The way in which Elizabeth held her dignity even when she overheard Darcy tell Bingley that she was 'not so beautiful to capture his attention' and how Elizabeth's confidence, wisdom and her personality made Darcy fall in love with her is truly inspiring to be oneself and accept us as who we are. It is an attempt to break away from the chains of patriarchy of society in her time that confined a women's life to the purpose of marriage and childbirth. Elizabeth is a strong, independent character who knows her worth and doesn't let anyone look down on her.
Christinep1

Post by Christinep1 »

I agree with you @strageminds.
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

Although it may be difficult to read, the book overall is definitely worth the effort spent on understanding it. It's no exaggeration to say that I have fallen in love with every word.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
AnnaLibri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annalibri.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Post by AnnaLibri »

I first read Pride and Prejudice for a college class, and I just read it for a 2nd time last month. It's one of my all-time favorites. It's romantic, funny, and offers wonderful insight into the time in which it takes place. Some passages are a little tough to get through, but it's more than worth it.
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann
Mel71c

Post by Mel71c »

Pride and Prejudice is one of my all time classics. I first discovered it as a teenager doing my hsc, and have since reread it many times. It is well worth a read. You may just fall in love with Mr Bennett’s snide remarks to Mrs Benett, where they go straight over her head or you may decide the sassiness of Elizabeth is where your heart truly lies. Either way, it is well worth a read.
Musk doaab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-musk-doaab.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Musk doaab »

I came here to find comments about Pride and Prejudice, likes and dislikes but here we are discussing to and fro, educating, enjoying the finest piece of literature that highlights many issues of society and its expectation, yet never loses its pink and blue tinge of romance and savoury delight of knowing Elizabeth Bennett.
Musk doaab
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-musk-doaab.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Musk doaab »

I came here to find comments about Pride and Prejudice, likes and dislikes but here we are discussing to and fro, educating, enjoying the finest piece of literature that highlights many issues of society and its expectation, yet never loses its pink and blue tinge of romance and savoury delight of knowing Elizabeth Bennett.
Taongaj
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taongaj.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Taongaj »

Most times people think that modern is better but pride and prejudice is a classic that will stand out all the time. As much as Elizabeth and Mr Darcy are the main characters, I find Mrs Bennet and Miss Bingley hilarious mostly because such people are around us really

Return to “Classic Books”