Jungle Book

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tholibin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Jungle Book

Post by Tholibin »

The film "The Jungle Book" tells the story of the life and adventures of a forest boy named Mowgli (played by Neel Sethi). Who is Mowgli? Why did he get to be in the forest and be raised in a pack of wolves?

Mowgli is a small child who is found in the forest by Bagheera the Panther and given to a pack of Wolves to raise. Because, by leaving him with the herd, the child would be safe.

One day Mowgli is forced to leave the forest because a tiger named Shere Khan is disturbed by Mowgli's presence. When it is dry, all forest dwellers gather in a lake where there is water there. There is a rule against hunting there because drinks take precedence over food. This is where the forest dwellers know Mowgli and feel strange about his existence, the man in the middle of the jungle. Shere Khan successfully carried out his propaganda and made threats. Like it or not, Mowgli had to leave the forest for the human village for his safety. Bagheera, the Panther is willing to accompany Mowgli to achieve his goals.

Will the journey go smoothly just like that? Oh of course not. Here, Mowgli will meet the funny and annoying Bear named Baloo. Not only that, Mowgli also met a python named Kaa, then there was a pack of orangutans too. What about Shere Khan? Then how about Mother and the herd of wolves she left behind? :lol: :x :D :D :D
Mahru

Post by Mahru »

Highly recommend, interesting and classic
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: The Sacred Tyrak by Aklin Reed

Post by Isaac Oh »

It funny how I've never read this book despite its popularity.
Ndayiragije C
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden

Post by Ndayiragije C »

This story was very very good. I like too much this story
Valeria Rotaru
Currently Reading: Of Human Bondage
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-rotaru.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Valeria Rotaru »

"Jungle Book" is one of my favorite childhood books. I read it first with my parents and then I reread it alone when I got a bit older. My favorite characters were Baloo and Bagheera. I liked Baloo for his whimsical, playful, and funny nature. Bagheera on the other hand was more reserved, wise, and protective. The story was more of a dream about a paradise where humans and animals could coexist, help each other, complete one another, and form an invincible team.
Hush33

Post by Hush33 »

Perfect book to explore your natural knowledge
Violeta Rodriguez

Post by Violeta Rodriguez »

The Jungle Book or Book of the Wilderness is a compilation of stories, some long and some short, but very beautiful; where the main protagonists are animals, both wild and domesticated. Stories such as Mowgli's Brothers, Toomai the Elephant, His Majesty's Servants, To the Tiger, To the Tiger, Rikki-tikki-tavi, The White Seal and others, envelop us in an incredible world that shows us the habits of animals in their habitat and their interaction with each other and with man, the most destructive being of all times with a fantastic narrative.
Rutyard Kipling takes us on a journey from the jungle to the polar arcs, India and the Himalayas with beautiful descriptions.
Very beautiful reading to enjoy, dream and meditate a little.
Generously recommended.

Return to “Classic Books”