Jungle Book

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
beckybrandon
Currently Reading: Summer of the Second Coming
Bookshelf Size: 43

Re: Jungle Book

Post by beckybrandon »

I liked reading Jungle Book when I was a child and also enjoyed watching cartoons based on it. Its one of my good childhood memories.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

I read the Jungle Book as an assignment and it is the only assignment ever I have loved!
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

The story of growth not just physically but mentally and emotionally is great. The book haven't read but the animation of it is really enjoyable and entertaining especially to children who view themselves in the character.
Justricch
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Justricch »

The plot of the story was a very simple one. For a little boy growing and living in the jungle, treating animals as his friends and all with Mowgli being the protagonist. I don't consider the book overrated, I think I read some years back and also watched the animation and live action movie. Children really love it
_Saira

Post by _Saira »

The jungle book is one of the amazing book to be read by not only children's but for all,it has a great combination of writing styles. Everything is explained so clearly and straight forward and the showing part, where each an every incident is shown so clearly can be learnt about. The imagination of the author is too amazing, because the book is mostly dedicated to childrens and how the way the author designed everything for the children's is of course cool! The book also contains some songs sung by the boy 'Mowgli' which is cheese to the story,which makes the story more interesting.
degoodwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-degoodwriter.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by degoodwriter »

Jungle will remain one of the best classics I read as a child while growing up
Noblefausty101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noblefausty101.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Noblefausty101 »

I actually think the book is amazing. This book and likes of it has always caught my interest.
Meenahhhh
Currently Reading: How to Live a Life of Hope
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meenahhhh.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Meenahhhh »

I read the Disney version and watched the movie. I loved them both, although I feel that the storyline is extremely unrealistic.
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Frank Mutuma »

I agree with you. The book was made famous by the cartoon and movie adaptations for kids
ABaker97

Post by ABaker97 »

I appreciate that you mentioned that it’s a compilation of stories, and not just the story of Mowgli because that’s not usually common knowledge. However, The Jungle Book is a favorite of mine. While Mowgli’s story is the most popular, Ricki Ticki Tavi is my favorite. They are all good stories for young readers, but might not be as interesting for an older or more advanced reader.

I also like that stories, like The White Seal, make you aware of cultural things like what the deal cub goes through. When I was a child, my dad told a joke, “A baby seal walks into a club”, I didn’t know what the joke meant until I read the story, and it was shocking, but it’s nice to learn new things through literature.
Amina Yusuf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-yusuf.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B07PQLY49F

Post by Amina Yusuf »

I first watched the 1942 movie which has a completely different storyline from Rudyard Kipling's book. Then, I watched the animation version where I learned the song, 'bare necessities' by Baloo and Mowgli. I read the book 5 years ago. The story of Mowgli is so fascinating and engrossing. I love it and children love it too.
aniolek_07

Post by aniolek_07 »

Well, I read jt when I was very little, so I recall it more as a fairytale than a classic literature, it didn't really teach me anything. i read it more as in to kill boredom. Not gonna call it a waste of time, because the language it was written didn't leave me unimpressed.
James Opolot
Favorite Author: Ken Rusk
Currently Reading: The Wicked Wives
Bookshelf Size: 23
fav_author_id: 216032

Post by James Opolot »

One of the best books to read is this one of the jungle because of the situation it creates makes me feel good with such stories
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I watched the movie I'm yet to read the book. I can't wait to grab my hands on this book.
Ndagire Hassifah1
Favorite Book: Hemingway’s daughter
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ndagire-hassifah1.html
Latest Review: Endgame by William Reed

Post by Ndagire Hassifah1 »

I haven't read the book but I have watched all the movies and cartoons. I think the book is good as the movies.

Return to “Classic Books”