Animal Farm

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book lovin bill
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Animal Farm

Post by Book lovin bill »

I am currently reading this book for a 3rd and sadly finale time I believe it reflects the times and George Orwell’s thoughts and opinions I was enchanted by the linking of animals to human in the real world not only dose it cover one of the most interesting subjects in political history it dose it in a way that Evan and idiot could under stand and for those that dint understand

Old Major represents Karl Marx
Snowball represents Leon Trotsky
Napoleon represents Josef Stalin
Squealer represents propaganda
Boxer represents all the Russian laborers and workers.
Mr Jones represents Nicolas czar the 2nd
Benjiman represents the Russian intellectual whom did nothing
Moses represents religion
Dogs represent the KGB
Manor farm = Russia
Animalism = communism
The farm house = the Kremlin
The windmill = trotskys plans
Mr pilkington = leader of the United Kingdom
Fox wood farm = England
Mr Fredrick = Adolf hitler
Pinchfild farm = Germany
Mollie = Russian aristocratics
The hens = the kulaks
England = the world
The beasts of England = the soviet national anthem
The sheep = the followers

Wow that took a while to type

Any way as I was saying it was in my opinion the best book ever written by the best author ever to write its snappy quotes and saddening truth where I joy to read.
degoodwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-degoodwriter.html
Latest Review: The Intelligence Factor by Erik Fisher

Post by degoodwriter »

I recently read this book to my son and I must say it still excites me
Noblefausty101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noblefausty101.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Noblefausty101 »

My love for animals drew my attention to the book upon seeing the title. I didn't have much fun I expected.
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

George Orwel writes thought- provoking books that can be hilarious yet spot on. Animal Farm is a masterpiece. The message therein is almost lethal in describing political manoeuvres and schemes. What is most striking about this book is the use of metaphors, and the animals. He chose to exalt the pig which brings forth mixed feelings. Snowball is crafty, and suddenly the other animals see him as becoming more and more human, even in appearance and dress. I like the fact that it can be likened to so many facets of society and what probably goes on in life, if we are to keenly observe. Not just politics, but leadership and management styles as well. Empathy and the desire for communal unity and advancement are reflected too. To me this book will forever be relevant. Besides, no matter what people are given, or what is taken from them, they will always strive to be free. Yet, some are too disillusioned and accept their fate. Animal Farm demonstrates this aptly.
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

One phrase describes it best, short yet powerful. I loved the symbolism in this book
Frank Mutuma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frank-mutuma.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Frank Mutuma »

Nothing portrays post colonial Africa better than this book. I love how the author uses animal illustrations to pass the message
Brunette2
Currently Reading: The Wild Truth
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brunette2.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Brunette2 »

I really enjoyed this book alot, as a lover of animals and politics, I find this book very relevant and interesting.
Robert Obikanyi
Currently Reading: Swiss Family Robinson
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-izuchukwu-obi.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Higher Ground by Thomas A. Brigger

Post by Robert Obikanyi »

I totally loved reading Animal Farm. It was very creepy in its own way, which is a stark contrast to it's innocent title. The twist in the end really did me in. I think this book and The Lord of the Flies are similar in how twisted they are yet with such an innocent facade
Michael Villanueva
Currently Reading: Price Wars
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-villanueva.html
Latest Review: Bambara by Joseph Eidelberg
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Michael Villanueva »

David Dawson wrote: 10 May 2014, 17:55
Lysithian wrote:
Misa-Jane wrote:I first picked this book up when I was quite young and hadn't actually heard of it before (whether through youth or ignorance!) so I came to the story with no idea that it was political. Of course, I recognized some of the names, like Napoleon, but I really just read and enjoyed the book as an interesting story about anthropomorphic farm animals. I think the fact that you can read it without knowing much about politics, and without feeling like you are being preached to, is what has kept this book so popular. It is likely to continue to be read much longer than some of the more blatant satirical works that easily become dated. In this respect, I think Animal Farm is a lot like Gulliver's Travels: you don't have to focus on the satire and politics, but you can get a whole different perspective if you do.
Just like me! I read the book thinking it was just a neat talking animals book and then had to reread in HS and noooooo it's ruined! You mean it was political?! What?! I don't think I ever read it again after that class. :(
Maybe this says something about me, but if it was just a "neat talking animals book" I wouldn't be interested. It's only good because it says something about history, politics, society, humanity...I don't want to be pseudy and pretentious, but isn't that, well, kind of the point of literature?
I have to agree with David, with some books the politics can be subtle, but it is blatant in animal farm. I think the author used animals instead of people just because the topic was so overt and depressing that the animal allegory made it more digestible to read. The scene when the horse gets sent to the glue factory would be an even tougher read if it was a person getting sent to the gulags.
Huck_Finn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Huck_Finn »

It remains one of my least favourite reads especially considering that the author presumed to understand the 'facts' that he was writing on. I personally feel that the novel has been used extensively by those who desire to protect their position of power by projecting it as an allegory against any attempt at a change.
Ashley Price 3
Favorite Book: Home Body
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-price-3.html
Latest Review: Enlightenment for the Things that Really Matter by Mark Gumbrell

Post by Ashley Price 3 »

I think it's interesting that this book can still be relevant today even though it was written in 1945. I like the use of animal to display these relevant topics, an interesting twist that makes this book such a classic.
Onyinyechi Orji
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyinyechi-orji.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by Onyinyechi Orji »

I haven't made out time to read this book. Despite all, I have heard about it. I think reading it now as an adult would make more sense.

Return to “Classic Books”