Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sara Maric
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Post by Sara Maric »

The book is brilliant for children, but with enough hilarity and joy for life in it to please adults too, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a lovely book with which to take a brief respite from our overly rational and sometimes dreary world.
Lily Lucey

Post by Lily Lucey »

Alice in wonderland is a great classic it one of the books that never gets old I thought it was fantastic
Abud Akhtar

Post by Abud Akhtar »

I love reading the story of Alice in the wonderland feels pleasure for me nastolgic moments for me
I think its a great Achivement of lewis carrol thankyou for writing such a wonderful book
lots of love to you
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I haven't read this book yet, but I have heard so much about this book. I have read so many beautiful comments about his book yet. It wont be bad checking it bad as an adult. I will definitely get to read this book soon then come back to leave a comment.
Alinemor
Currently Reading: Inferno
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Alinemor »

This is a book that i literally carry on my skin (i have the cheshire cat tatoo on my arm :wink: ).

Whenever I reread it, I have a new sensation of interpretation, each time identifying myself with a different character.I like the simple narrative, the bizarre descriptions of an imaginary world and I think it's one of those books that we can read without attachment, just letting ourselves be carried away to interpret situations according to our state of mind.

...gonna download this book again lol
ISAAC BOADU 1

Post by ISAAC BOADU 1 »

Nice book
Zeyad Waleed
Favorite Book: Terms of Service
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Zeyad Waleed »

Thanks for the replies. I was having a second thoughts toward this book but now I'll Pick it up
Aditii Mehta
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aditii-mehta.html
Latest Review: The Transcendental Tangle: Untying the Enigmatic Knots of the Infinite by Matthew Emmanuel Weinberg

Post by Aditii Mehta »

At first, it might seem like this book is not meant for adults but after reading I think it is suitable for all age groups. Anyone who enjoys fantasies would love it.
alexsbookhoard
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexsbookhoard.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by alexsbookhoard »

I remember reading "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and being underwhelmed. I don't personally get the hype, and maybe that's just because I read it too late in life. I do thoroughly enjoy adaptations and reimaginings of the story, though, and I think it's well set up to be open to reinterpretations and retellings
Susann Heidy Castro Garnica
Currently Reading: Angel of Death
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-susann-heidy-castro-garnica.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Susann Heidy Castro Garnica »

I was never able to bring myself to read "Alice in Wonderland" because when I was a child, somebody told me things about the author that were really bad, I don't know if they were true or not, but they just ruined for me. I haven't been able to read the book or at least watch the movie.
Ygs

Post by Ygs »

Reading Alice in Wonderland has been a surreal experience for me. As a child, I was fascinated by the whimsical setting and delightful characters. I even had the opportunity to work at an Alice in Wonderland-themed store in Brighton and portray the Queen of Hearts in an indie short film that screened at multiple festivals. Surprisingly, I found myself just as spellbound by the book when I revisited it as an adult. This book's unique charm transcends all ages and has something to offer to every reader. As we grow, we unravel intricate subtexts and get engrossed in Lewis Carroll's imaginative prowess. Whether we read it as a kid or an adult, the world of Alice in Wonderland casts a mesmerizing spell that never ceases to enchant us
liyifan
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)

Post by liyifan »

This book is a fascinating and surprising novel that showcases a world full of imagination and creativity. I think this book is not only suitable for children to read, but also for adults to read. It is both an interesting fantasy novel and a profound fable story. It allows us to experience a unique world and also allows us to reflect on the world we live in.
Nimra Kiran
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nimra-kiran.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Nimra Kiran »

Another one from great classics!
There were various scenes capturing fantastical nature of the story, making it a true classic of imagination and creativity!
For instance, when she comes across a Caterpillar sitting on a mushroom, smoking a hookah. The Caterpillar engages her in a puzzling conversation about her identity and the changes she's going through, all while blowing smoke rings..
Sometimes all you want is some real imagination. And thats it!
"A bear knows seven songs and they are all about honey."
Annija Marta Meldere
Currently Reading: The Bulletproof Missionary
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annija-marta-meldere.html
Latest Review: Eternity by Carlos

Post by Annija Marta Meldere »

While Alice In Wonderland is definitely an easy read, I wouldn't give it to a young child without talking through it, as, when Alice is big, she seems perfectly fine with abusing smaller beings.

As a sidenote, has anyone read part two? (I did when smaller)
Latest Review: Eternity by Carlos
litcat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-litcat.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by litcat »

Reread it in adulthood and loved the philosophical topics within it!

Return to “Classic Books”