Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any classic books or any very old fiction books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Basuki S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll

Post by Basuki S »

A very fun and exciting story, about a magical life!
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

This was my first read. I feel myself in her magical world whenever I read this book even as an adult
Nyasha Gogoma
Currently Reading: Mere Christianity
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nyasha-gogoma.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Nyasha Gogoma »

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is a fun book indeed. Almost from the beginning, nothing that happens makes any sense at all, but somehow the characters just seem to go along with it as if it were perfectly normal. I think this is a perfect allegory of exactly how dreams are. When you're in it, everything seems logical, but once you wake you struggle to make any sense of it at all. A really lovely book to read when you don't want to think too much.
Janelydia Mwangi
Currently Reading: Bugs, Weeds, and Water
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janelydia-mwangi.html
Latest Review: Surviving Life As An Actor by Jerry a. Greenberg
Reading Device: Android

Post by Janelydia Mwangi »

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll though a children's book ought to be read by adults especially those facing identity challenges. At the beginning Alice is just an innocent child of seven years full of curiosity and it follows the White Rabbit through a pool of tears into a garden. Lewis creates a journey motif of fantasy that helps Alice to grow emotionally and deal with her fears...a child following her also learns how deal with fear, dangerous encounters like the Queen of Hearts and the Duchess who try to order her but Alice answers them back.
As she meets other characters like the Cat and the Caterpillar she begins to question her identity and ablities. As she follows the rabbit she is exposed to drinking and eating that either increases her height or decreases her when she takes them. These body changes make her gain knowledge and mature from her innocence world. Many characters in this world posses adult traits and try to manipulate her. This is how children are treated in the real world. At the end she realizes that being an adult is better than being a child. At the end when threatened with execution, she questions the law..she is able to face her fears of darkness and has gained confidence. A must read for all.
Hussein21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hussein21.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Hussein21 »

Yes, I love Alice in Wonderland it is a very interesting book and I love how the author portrayed his words
IcelandPrincess83
Currently Reading:

Post by IcelandPrincess83 »

Absolutely wonderful book! Through the looking glass is just as fantastic!! Alice's way of looking at the world and her logic of it amazed my children when I read it to them at bed time. Alice definitely has you looking at real life in an illogical logical way too lol
usef nahg
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-usef-nahg.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by usef nahg »

alice in the wonderland is the classic that i will forever have engrained into my head. i read it when i was super young during a time where there was war in my country. id be up late at night with a little light under my blanket reading it.
Kashmir Lalla
Currently Reading: Turtles All the Way Down
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kashmir-lalla.html
Latest Review: Bitcoin Answered by Jon Law

Post by Kashmir Lalla »

When I first read the Alice books, I thought they were lightly entertaining but without much substance. After another reading or two, I find them deeper than I had originally thought. Not that this is Finnegan's Wake or anything, but it isn't trying to be, and there is more than first meets the eye.
Bree003

Post by Bree003 »

I also love this book. Very dreamy and magical indeed. I love the colorful imagination of the author. All the book's character was created with extraordinary creativeness. This book is really for the whole family, not only for the kids but also for the kids at heart.
speednet22

Post by speednet22 »

I love all of the characters in this book. When you get to see the Disney movie, it completes your whole dreamy imagination. It is such an amazing story and it deserves every bit of praise.
beckybrandon
Currently Reading: Summer of the Second Coming
Bookshelf Size: 43

Post by beckybrandon »

I remember reading few chapters of Alice in Wonderland during my school years via my English academic textbook. It was a wonderful read and interesting. Now that I am reminded of it via this site, I am going to buy the copy and read the whole book!
AvishaJain_13
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishajain-13.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by AvishaJain_13 »

As a person who'd rather live in her imagination than reality, this book resonated with me on multiple levels.
Angel123gour
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Angel123gour »

As a child it was one of my favorite books. My friends an I often pretend to be Alice .oh it was fun an its fantastic for kids of the age bracket it helps open up their imagination. We often tried to change the ending of the story
Noblefausty101
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noblefausty101.html
Latest Review: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit? by Kyle Oh

Post by Noblefausty101 »

This book holds lots of memories, I have a younger sister called Alice and we read this book countless times. I miss those good days
abdallah adel 1
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by abdallah adel 1 »

I finished this book twice, It's sad how sometimes you get to finish a book as it takes your energy and passion away along with it.

Return to “Classic Books”